Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I wish the online reviews were better..

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tech-D
Luminary
Luminary

I'm going to vent a little here so if you don't want to hear just skip this thread...

Spent the last 2 months looking for a security camera for our new home.  Like most I turned to Youtube and watched a number of videos on different systems.  We were looking for a 2 camera setup with a possibility of additional ones later.  Due to the locations of the cameras it was pointing towards a wireless system with batteries.  If we wanted to go with a single camera setup up front we could have gone with a wired setup which we were close to doing.  We were close to purchasing a NEST but decided to the Arlo Ultra setup.

We pick up the 2 camera setup and I get the system setup and working, even pick up 2 solar panels due to a video review I saw stating it helping with keeping the batteries charged.

Right out of the box the alerts for our front camera are going crazy, I try adjusting the activity area with no luck.  Open a chat session and was informed I needed to plug the camera in to set the activity area.  Get an extra long extension cable run out to the camera from the house so I could perform this.  Set the activity area but the alerts are still going crazy.  So I decide to call and open a ticket, 1st engineer has me go through all the steps of setting up the cameras again.  Then asks me to see how that works.  No luck.

Call back again, 2nd engineer after being on the phone informed me of the "bug", yup the same bug that everyone was complaining about after the December update.  

I then find the forum and start reading a bunch of threads..  Now I'm concerned I made the wrong decision with purchasing these cameras.  I figure I would give it a chance, I'm in IT and I know support solutions are not quick.  Finally the patch is released and all is good in the world.  My camera is not going crazy alerting me every minute.

Being in the Norther US I learned something during our below freezing days.  That the camera will not charge.  So the solar panel  to keep the batteries charged is pretty much worthless.  

Fast forward to Jan 7th, I see all the video from prior to this date is GONE.  I put in a ticket for this..  Still haven't gotten a response from support that I was told I would get.

A few days ago, audio on one of the cameras has some annoying scratching through the whole video.  This is both in live view and even recorded video.  I open a ticket get an RMA, even pay the additional money to have this expedited.  Expecting the camera should have come I check on the status and see the after 3 days the camera hasn't even shipped.  So I call support last night with no luck.

So at this point I regret making this decision to go with this camera system, I hope this is seen by any prospective buyers so that they can make a better choice then I did.

End of Rant...

Darren M. Fitzgerald

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tech-D,

I'd like to take a closer look at your support ticket and escalate as needed. Do you have a ticket number I can reference?

JamesC

Tech-D
Luminary
Luminary

James:

No need to look into the RMA ticket as of yesterday I got an e-mail from Fed-Ex stating that it was shipped and I will get it on Monday.

The one ticket I still haven't gotten a response on is case #41394259 I had all my videos prior to the 7th of January deleted.  They are no longer available.

Thanks for offering to look into this,

Darren

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation