Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Horrible camera quality??!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ace_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey guys I bought the Arlo ultra about 6 months ago and ever since I got it the camera quality has just been absolute **bleep**. Like my buddies arlo pro is better than this! I don’t know why. Especially when zooming in. It literally looks like a pixel tv on someone’s face and the zoom feature is a joke someone’s walking by and the cameras a second behind them and I hardly see them. It captured a suspicious person today but how am I gonna identify them if anything happens when this camera quality is *! It’s super frustrating. I’m not sure what’s causing this. Any help appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Tech-D
Luminary
Luminary
Arlo has you have to update your subscription to get true 4k quality. It's called Arlo Smart.
Ace_
Aspirant
Aspirant
I already have Arlo smart with 4K recording. Im trying taking off auto zoom and using 4k recordings now. Quality still seems kind of low but especially its night time and I can’t read ANY license plate on a car 😤
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ace_ wrote:
especially its night time and I can’t read ANY license plate on a car 😤

That's a pretty challenging use case, in part because there is a lot of glare from the headlights (and tailights).

FWIW, I can't read license plates on my systems either.

Tech-D
Luminary
Luminary

What are you using for your Low Light Settings?

I have found that turning off the spotlight I then see more details.  Have you tried that?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation