Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra VMS5240 Motion Detection Range?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Craig-S
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello.

could someone please tell me the motion detection range for the Arlo Ultra camera? Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Craig-S,

Arlo Ultra can detect motion up to 25 feet (7.6 meters) away. The best area for motion detection is 5 to 20 feet (1.5 to 6 meters) from the camera position. For more information on this, take a look here: How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Craig-S,

Arlo Ultra can detect motion up to 25 feet (7.6 meters) away. The best area for motion detection is 5 to 20 feet (1.5 to 6 meters) from the camera position. For more information on this, take a look here: How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

JamesC

Craig-S
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi James

As always thanks for fast reply. I’ve mine set up to catch motion near my car/front door. The car is 6.2 meters away (exactly with laser measure) but not activating at all when I park up or when another car parks near. I’ve done all the set up correctly/activity zones/sensitivity settings...... I’ll have another look in the Device utilities-Camera positioning and see where the grey box at the top is. I may need to tilt camera angle a little further up. I’ll re-read your link in the answer then. I’ll update if I resolve this.

On a separate note, when I set activity zones on my iPad I can’t see to name them at the bottom of the page (landscape mode). I then tilt my iPad upright (portrait mode) and name them. When I return iPad to landscape the activity zones are all changed/offset? Cheers for all your advice.

Kelso198325
Guide
Guide
My back porch camera found a bee. Lol I love these cameras additionally my back yard camera sees every car in the front of our house back and forth. And it’s a really good distance incredible
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation