Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Some customers in Australia and New Zealand regions may be experiencing problems with live streaming and motion recordings not saved to library. We are working to resolve this issue, please see status.arlo.com for the latest information.

Arlo Ultra VMS5240 Motion Detection Range?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Craig-S
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello.

could someone please tell me the motion detection range for the Arlo Ultra camera? Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Craig-S,

Arlo Ultra can detect motion up to 25 feet (7.6 meters) away. The best area for motion detection is 5 to 20 feet (1.5 to 6 meters) from the camera position. For more information on this, take a look here: How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Craig-S,

Arlo Ultra can detect motion up to 25 feet (7.6 meters) away. The best area for motion detection is 5 to 20 feet (1.5 to 6 meters) from the camera position. For more information on this, take a look here: How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

JamesC

Craig-S
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi James

As always thanks for fast reply. I’ve mine set up to catch motion near my car/front door. The car is 6.2 meters away (exactly with laser measure) but not activating at all when I park up or when another car parks near. I’ve done all the set up correctly/activity zones/sensitivity settings...... I’ll have another look in the Device utilities-Camera positioning and see where the grey box at the top is. I may need to tilt camera angle a little further up. I’ll re-read your link in the answer then. I’ll update if I resolve this.

On a separate note, when I set activity zones on my iPad I can’t see to name them at the bottom of the page (landscape mode). I then tilt my iPad upright (portrait mode) and name them. When I return iPad to landscape the activity zones are all changed/offset? Cheers for all your advice.

Kelso198325
Guide
Guide
My back porch camera found a bee. Lol I love these cameras additionally my back yard camera sees every car in the front of our house back and forth. And it’s a really good distance incredible
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation