Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra Reliability? Signal strength and connectivity?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Imati0n
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Arlo Community,

I’m not new to Arlo. I formerly had a 5 camera Arlo Pro system at my last house (1400sq ft on a 6000sqft lot). I had quite a few issues such as connectivity and signal strength. The cameras not always connecting to the live feed and the cameras not always recording. As Murphy’s law would have it when I needed to pull up a specific recording that I know my cameras would have captured...of course they didn’t.

Now I’m in my new house (3600sq ft on a 9100sq ft lot) and I’m really wanting cameras again, and after some researching between the big 3 (Ring, Nest, Arlo) I’m drawn back to the Arlo Ultra. Are these cameras still plagued with the same faults I was having with the Arlo Pro?

I’m really not wanting to buy several different bases just to “extend” my signal. I figure at this price I’m paying for the Ultra it should have been addressed already. Any other issues with the Ultra system I should be concerned with?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Imati0n,

There is a lot that factors into signal strength and connectivity, when discussing any WiFi device. Each environment is different. Physical obstacles like walls, windows, etc. and their materials play a role in the performance of any WiFi device, including Arlo cameras.

Take a look at these kb articles to delve further into this topic and position your Arlo sysem for best performance:

How can I extend the range of my Arlo system?

https://kb.arlo.com/35/How-far-can-I-place-my-Arlo-wire-free-cameras-from-the-base-station

How do I position my Arlo wire-free camera?

JamesC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Imati0n,

There is a lot that factors into signal strength and connectivity, when discussing any WiFi device. Each environment is different. Physical obstacles like walls, windows, etc. and their materials play a role in the performance of any WiFi device, including Arlo cameras.

Take a look at these kb articles to delve further into this topic and position your Arlo sysem for best performance:

How can I extend the range of my Arlo system?

https://kb.arlo.com/35/How-far-can-I-place-my-Arlo-wire-free-cameras-from-the-base-station

How do I position my Arlo wire-free camera?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation