Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
skingspan
Luminary
Luminary

I have had my Arlo Pro cameras and solar panel for the past couple years and love them.  This past year I also added two arlo doorbells which are also working out well.  I am considering upgrading to the Arlo Ultra but have some concerns.  I would like the higher resolution of the Ultra in my drive way and plan to move the existing camera to another location.  I really don't want to pay yet another monthly fee for my cameras which is why I went with Arlo in the first place.

1.  I read a couple posts that the ultra system does not have the same range as the previous Arlos.  Is this confirmed or just some people having issues?  One of my cameras is at the far end of my wireless range but seems to work fine with the Arlo Pro Hub

2.  Wil I be able to add my two existing Arlo Pro Cameras and doorbells to the Arlo Ultra hub?

3.  I was dissapointed that Arlo decided to discontinue the 7 day free cloud recording with the Ultra.  This was my major reason for purchasing the Ultra.  So if I buy the ultra and add my Pro cameras do I lose the 7 day free cloud when the 1 year subscription is up?

4.  Will I stil be able to view a live feed if I don't have a subscription

5.  I realize that after the 1 year free subscrption ends I can still just have it record on the SD card and not pay the monthly fee.  I though I read a while back that Arlo was working on getting the Web and Mobile app to be able to read from the SD card.  I can no longer find anything about that now.  Is this still in the works or was I just dreaming.

If the web and mobile will eventually be able to read from the SD card then that may be an acceptable solution for me otherwise I may as well just upgrade to a pro 2 camer and keep my free cloud recording. 

Thanks

--------------------------------------------
https://wickedsmarthome.blogspot.com/
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

skingspan,

1. The range is still 300 feet line of sight but every environment is different depending on how much interference and physical obstacles are involved. Instead of removing your existing pro base station, consider adding the new SmartHub and sync the existing cameras to the base station/SmartHub that is nearest to them.

2. Yes. Take note that you will need to sync the Ultra cameras to the SmartHub.

3.  If you purchase an Arlo Ultra kit, it will come with a 1 year subscription to Arlo Smart Premier. This will allow content from your cameras to be stored on the cloud for 30 days. Without a subscription, your Pro cameras will still have 7 day cloud storage. Take a look here for more details about your Ultra camera after your subscription expires: What options will I have when the Arlo Smart Premier 1-year service plan ends?

4. Yes. You will still be able to view live content on Ultra without a subscription.

5. Yes. Remote access to local storage is still planned for later this year. Take a look here: Local and Remote Access to Local Storage for Arlo Ultra via Arlo App Expected in Second Half of 2019

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

skingspan,

1. The range is still 300 feet line of sight but every environment is different depending on how much interference and physical obstacles are involved. Instead of removing your existing pro base station, consider adding the new SmartHub and sync the existing cameras to the base station/SmartHub that is nearest to them.

2. Yes. Take note that you will need to sync the Ultra cameras to the SmartHub.

3.  If you purchase an Arlo Ultra kit, it will come with a 1 year subscription to Arlo Smart Premier. This will allow content from your cameras to be stored on the cloud for 30 days. Without a subscription, your Pro cameras will still have 7 day cloud storage. Take a look here for more details about your Ultra camera after your subscription expires: What options will I have when the Arlo Smart Premier 1-year service plan ends?

4. Yes. You will still be able to view live content on Ultra without a subscription.

5. Yes. Remote access to local storage is still planned for later this year. Take a look here: Local and Remote Access to Local Storage for Arlo Ultra via Arlo App Expected in Second Half of 2019

JamesC

skingspan
Luminary
Luminary

JamesC,

Thanks for the quick response.  If I do add the arlo ultra base station to my existing pro base station will I be able to have them both in one account?  Don't want to have to login/out to view videos from the different cameras

Thanks

--------------------------------------------
https://wickedsmarthome.blogspot.com/
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The number of bases doesn't matter - it's all about the total number of cameras.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

skingspan,

Like jguerdat mentions. There is no limitation to the number of base stations/SmartHubs per account. Adding additional base stations or SmartHubs allows you to position them strategically around your location, improving camera signal strength.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation