Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Mr_S
Guide
Guide

I'm now having the problem that I can't manually record a video using a web browser. I press the record button like normal but it does not appear in the library afterwards, like it used to. Been happening for about 2 weeks.

The thumbnail also doesn't update. Previously if I looked live and then stopped, that live look would now be the thumbnail photo but now isn't, the thumbnail stays the same. There's also a little dip in sound after about 8-10 seconds of looking live. Same on Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.

32 REPLIES 32
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reached out to support in regards to the behavior you are seeing. They will be contacting you soon. 

ryancpwalsh
Star
Star

I've now had multiple cases created and followed up on, all of which eventually get to the point where they admit this is something broken in the version of the web interface being served to my account (and those of everyone here complaining, including MULTIPLE accounts that I have for multiple residences etc.)  

I've paid 5-6 months of subscription services without this very most basic feature availability - and it's causing me distress as one of these residences has events of interest that require documentation to support a court case.

Still no ETA on when it will be resolved.  This is infuriating.

ryancpwalsh
Star
Star

Have you heard anything yet Mr S?  I'm starting to get embarrassed that I haven't moved on to another product yet 😞

Mr_S
Guide
Guide

No, mine is still exactly the same. Still not working.  I was contacted by support and went through several stages of contact and technical tasks that took up so much of my time that I felt I should be being paid for it, until a point where I was too busy to respond with the desired information in the allotted time and the case was closed. It's absolutely ridiculous.

ryancpwalsh
Star
Star

Still unresolved on my end.  Every few weeks it seems they reach out and ask me to log into the web interface and test again so they can capture logs.  The support person I'm communicating with acknowledges it's a web interface problem, and that different customers/regions have a different version of the interface (and the interface most of the support people see when they visit the arlo portal is not the same).

This leads me to believe some day we'll see a new interface and it'll be fixed - but nobody seems to be able to tell me when.  

I'm embarrassed to have recommended at this point.  It has been MONTHS.

dave-t
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 arlo pro cameras 2 started doing it now all 4 have the same issue  been going on for about 2 months now.  Tried different browsers.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This is being looked into by our development team. We do appreciate your patience and will provide an update as soon as possible. 

ryancpwalsh
Star
Star

It's been half a year.  My patience is up.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation