Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra - Manual record not working when using web browser

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Mr_S
Guide
Guide

I'm now having the problem that I can't manually record a video using a web browser. I press the record button like normal but it does not appear in the library afterwards, like it used to. Been happening for about 2 weeks.

The thumbnail also doesn't update. Previously if I looked live and then stopped, that live look would now be the thumbnail photo but now isn't, the thumbnail stays the same. There's also a little dip in sound after about 8-10 seconds of looking live. Same on Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.

32 REPLIES 32
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mr_S wrote:

I'm now having the problem that I can't manually record a video using a web browser. I press the record button like normal but it does not appear in the library afterwards, like it used to. Been happening for about 2 weeks.

Are you also seeing this in the app?

Mr_S
Guide
Guide

No, I'm not.

ryancpwalsh
Star
Star

Hello,

Manual recording from the web portal doesn't actually do anything.    To recreate, I enter the live view of the camera and then click the record button.  The button turns red and a counter starts.  I then press the same button after several seconds to stop the recording.  The recording is never to be found.  I'm also having this issue with both my Essential Spotlight camera and the non spotlight version of the Essential camera 

Recreating these steps on my wired Arlo doorbell works as expected.

This isn't a client / computer issue as the issue is present from multiple computers.  Other family members with the same products have the same issues with their identical devices as well (only within their Arlo account).

In all cases, there is an active Arlo secure plan with unlimited cameras.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to support for further assistance. You get that by going in the support area of the app (not my.arlo.com), and selecting a camera in a subscription plan. Scroll down to the contact section, and you will see an option for phone support. It is available between 6 am and 6 pm US pacific time.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ryancpwalsh,

If you initiate a live stream from the camera within the Arlo mobile app and record, do you experience the same behavior or does the recording work?

JamesC

ryancpwalsh
Star
Star

Live streams from the android app work fine - it only doesn't work from the web portal.

ryancpwalsh
Star
Star

Note - this isn't working for many people from the web portal (but works fine from Android app).

Individual support cases shouldn't be necessary - can you not reproduce from visiting the web portal with associated products and seeing the recording not work yourself?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not able to replicate this issue as you've described. If you initiate the live stream, record, log out and log back in. Do the recordings still not appear?

JamesC

ryancpwalsh
Star
Star

They still don't appear.

Multiple accounts / households / and at least 2 models of camera with the issue.

Coincidently it works fine for my wired doorbell cam but not the essential or essential spotlight cams.

I submitted a support ticket and uploaded a video in response to supports request, waiting on an answer.

Mr_S
Guide
Guide

If I initiate the live stream, record, log out and log back in, they still don't appear for me, either.

ryancpwalsh
Star
Star

I'm frustrated, the case I opened clearly outlines the problem via video.  They responded almost immediately indicating that they thought the video showed that recordings WERE being saved (when it clearly shows a recording and then view of library that is MISSING the latest recording).

I've replied and hopeful they rewatch 😞

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ryancpwalsh wrote:

I'm frustrated, the case I opened clearly outlines the problem via video.  They responded almost immediately indicating that they thought the video showed that recordings WERE being saved (when it clearly shows a recording and then view of library that is MISSING the latest recording).

Maybe also double-check this by looking on the phone app for the missing (likely non-existent) recording.

What web browser are you using?  Some of us have seen some recent issues with library access when using Safari.

ryancpwalsh
Star
Star

Chrome on Windows 10 or Windows 11 - latest version in each.

When entering a live stream from the web portal on the essential or essential spotlight camera, I initiate a record.  I end it after several seconds (my latest test was 9), stop viewing the live stream and check the library - the video is no where to be found (and isn't visible in the library from android view either).

If I repeat the same steps but use the android app to view the livestream and record, the recording is visible in the library on all device types.

ryancpwalsh
Star
Star

Support asked me to verify my subscription status and that I'm following the correct steps (that are visible to them in the video they asked me to record / submit).  My subscription status is active for all cameras and they can see that about my configuration / account. 

I'm getting chat gpt style responses - nobody from Arlo is actually looking into this and its infuriating.

ryancpwalsh
Star
Star

They do not.  My case number with Arlo support is 43753615 in case you have access and would like to view the video submitted.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've opened a support ticket detailing the concerns you've posted here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

ryancpwalsh
Star
Star

Thank you!

I promise the existing support ticket I have open is NOT helping.  They just keep asking me to do things that are irrelevant.  This problem exists across multiple customers/accounts/cameras - asking me to try a different browser or to drop/readd the device is a waste of time.  I have 5-6 cameras with the same issue on multiple arlo accounts all with active subscriptions in different households/networks.  Nobody can initiate a screen record FROM THE WEB PORTAL that is saved to the library on the effect camera models (essential and essential spotlight).

Everything works find in Android but the web portal does not.
The wired doorbell camera works fine in the web portal AND in Android.

The latest comment I received asked for a phone number, hopefully that's a good sign and I wont' get automatic GPT style responses going forward.  Thanks for your help!

Mr_S
Guide
Guide

Any updates?

ryancpwalsh
Star
Star

They called me on Nov 3 to confirm the issue (and said they "think" it's a known issue but needed to escalate to next level to confirm).

I followed up with support again today and was told it's been escalated and to wait.

2+ weeks so far and I'm waiting on any type of acknowledgement / confirmation it will be fixed.

Mr_S
Guide
Guide

Thanks for your efforts on chasing this up, ryancpwalsh.

ryancpwalsh
Star
Star

Dear Ryan,

Latest case update on 11/09 below:

Good day!

Thank you for waiting on this email. Your case has been escalated to our next-level team. Kindly wait for an update via email and phone call.

No further actions are needed from your end in the meantime.

Sincerely,

Francis

Frustrating - nothing we can do to resolve until they issue a fix.

Mr_S
Guide
Guide

It's ridiculous that this isn't fixed yet.

ryancpwalsh
Star
Star

Agreed.  I received a phone call and emails apologizing for lack of response a month ago, and ZERO information since.

I mentioned that this was critical and that I would be seeking a subscription / services elseware for the various properties I'm responsible for that are using Arlo - and crickets 😞

Arlo - if you're watching - what's going on 😞  Why no communication.  I have a legitimate security related incident that this broken / expected minimal feature is impacting.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation