Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Wildcatnum1
Guide
Guide
I’m so aggravated with this Arlo Ultra wireless system 😡 everyday there’s a new problem with it. Now one of my cameras is off line and I don’t know why it happened or how to get it back on line. SOOO DISAPPOINTED IN THIS SYSTEM. Spent over $1,000.00 for a major headache
4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wildcatnum1,

How far from the SmartHub is the camera? Poor connectivity is often the cause for cameras dropping offline.

Do you recall how many bars of signal strength were shown in the app prior to the camera dropping offline?

JamesC

Wildcatnum1
Guide
Guide
Most of the time it’s good but yes sometimes it drops to poor for a second then back to good. It’s not the one that’s farthest from the unit. The one on the other side of the house with is the farthest always has perfect signal. My husband thinks it’s to close to the power meter. Do you think that could also be a problem? That one also screen flickers green then back to perfect view. We’ll try placing it somewhere else but that’s the only place to get a good view of the back gate.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the power meter is emitting RF signals (smart meter?) it's possible that the signal could be interfering with the camera. You can try swapping cameras to see if that makes a difference before repositioning it.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would move the Ultra base as far away from the wifi router as possible... used the supplied cable and had issues, moved it 20 ft or so away and problems stopped.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation