Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra - I received an email to sign up for Icloud storage.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KShearer
Follower
Follower

I received an email to sign up for Icloud storage.  I don't want it.  I can't delete the email nor can i access any camera activity.  Help !

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
Was it an email sent to your email address or is it a pop up message with in the app?
Has the free trial period expired?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KShearer wrote:

I received an email to sign up for Icloud storage.  

iCloud is Apple's cloud storage - Arlo doesn't use it, and wouldn't have sent you an email for that.  Do you mean Arlo sent you an email or pop-up suggesting you subscribe to Arlo Secure (or Arlo Secure Plus)?

Are you seeing the email in your email client? (If you aren't, then it's not an email).

@KShearer wrote:

nor can i access any camera activity.  Help !

Ultra cameras do require a subscription to record videos in the cloud - and come with a 3 month trial.  I am thinking that the trial just expired.  You should still be able to livestream the cameras and get notifications.

Alternatively, there is a direct access to local storage feature you could try.  If you have a VMB5000 base, you'd need to add a microSD card to use it.  It isn't as easy to use as the subscription, and I think you might find it difficult to get working.  If you want more details on how it works (and its limitations), then let us know.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation