Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra Hub Suggestions

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
glima
Follower
Follower

I have only 2 Arlo Ultra cameras, one at the front door and the other at the front driveway, with the Arlo Ultra Hub right in the middle, each camera is about 15-25 feet away from the hub, with a couple of barriers (walls and roof) between, and I can only get 2 out of 3 bars on wifi.  Very disappointing.  I have bent over backwards trying to position the hub in a place where I can get 3 bars for both cameras, and I am willing to do whatever to make it awesome!  Except for mounting the Ultra Hub to the tree in our front yard, so that it can have a direct line of sight to both cameras with no obstructions.  The Ultra Hub signal strength is dismal.  I have worked with Arlo's tech support, and they were unable to help.

I would like to suggest that Arlo considers one of these things: 

• Design the Arlo Ultra Hub so that it can join my home network, and use my home wifi, because my home wifi is awesome and fast, it's Netgear Orbi router with 1 satellite, via wifi or a ethernet cable
  • Create a signal booster of some sort that can boost the Arlo Ultra Hub signal enough to be able to get 3 bars on my cameras.
  • Fix the signal strength of the Ultra Hub, and add extensibility via a satellite.  Use the Netgear Orbi as an example, it has a router and a satellite support, and uses a back-channel for communication between them.
  • Or they can add some ports to the Ultra Hub so I can run some wire between the cameras and the hub

Thanks,

Gary

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation