Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra Cameras not connecting

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
mysko
Initiate
Initiate

I purchased the Ultra 2 camera set yesterday and have continual issues with setup.

Initial setup seemed to go okay, hub updated it's firmware and is running latest version and 1 camera was detected by the hub.  However it then told me a firmware update was pending for the camera so I started that process but nothing really seemed to happen, came back to it after a few minutes and it had stopped updating but still said a firmware update was available.  I couldn't use live view at all so thought that I would remove the camera and start the process again.  However after starting fresh I cannot get either camera to see the base station (or vice versa, not sure).  Have spoken to support and been through the whole manual sync, all other wireless devices off in the house, factory reset of hub and wifi channel change but still no dice. Cameras are right next to the hub during this process.

Last step from support was to change the channel for my wifi and then they were pretty much out of ideas.

Pretty much at a dead end here and feel that the only way forward is to return the hardware.  Hopeing that someone has managed to resolve this and can help out Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap the system at the store.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap the system at the store.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mysko,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on this issue.

JamesC

Jaymie
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I sync my camera to vase
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Put a flower in the vase?  🙂

You use the app to sync the Ultra to the base. However, it has to be an Ultra base - it won't connect to any other base.

YianniK
Guide
Guide
@mysko wrote:

I purchased the Ultra 2 camera set yesterday and have continual issues with setup.

Initial setup seemed to go okay, hub updated it's firmware and is running latest version and 1 camera was detected by the hub.  However it then told me a firmware update was pending for the camera so I started that process but nothing really seemed to happen, came back to it after a few minutes and it had stopped updating but still said a firmware update was available.  I couldn't use live view at all so thought that I would remove the camera and start the process again.  However after starting fresh I cannot get either camera to see the base station (or vice versa, not sure).  Have spoken to support and been through the whole manual sync, all other wireless devices off in the house, factory reset of hub and wifi channel change but still no dice. Cameras are right next to the hub during this process.

Last step from support was to change the channel for my wifi and then they were pretty much out of ideas.

Pretty much at a dead end here and feel that the only way forward is to return the hardware.  Hopeing that someone has managed to resolve this and can help out Smiley Happy

I am having same  issues here.   They are  buggy, these  Utra's should never have been released  in themarket place...     I have paid oiver $1000 AUD for two cameras that I cat even use..  Terrible!!!

I have 5 Ultra Pro's that work a treat.   These Ultra's are crap!!

If you have found a solution please let me know.

Regards,

John .

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

YianniK,

I've received your private message regarding this issue. I will follow up on your open support ticket and provide you with an update when I have more information.

JamesC

Jron
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem. Bought the ultra with 4 cameras. One camera cannot be detected after removing the device and trying to add it again. Kindly share the solution please.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jron,

What behavior were you experiencing that caused you to remove the camera? What are you seeing when you attempt to sync?

JamesC

Jron
Tutor
Tutor

There was an error that appeard on the apps for the 4th camera, unfortunately I forgot the actual words written on it but there's a link. Anyway, nothing happen even when I press the link so I decided to remove the device hoping It will restart if I add it back. I also tried to sync them manually and I notice that when I press the camera sync, it blinks red and blink blue once and that's it, no rapid blinking for the camera. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jron,

Try resetting the camera (press and hold the sync button for 10+ seconds until the camera "clicks" and reboots). Restart your SmartHub and then try the sync process again. Do you see any difference in behavior?

JamesC

moking
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the arlo ultra plus two camera set, and the base and the one camera that I set up worked fine for one month.  The library stopped saving videos on 4/20.  Now, the base is blue reflecting it is connected to the internet, but it is not taping anything, my cellphone says the base is not connected to the internet, and the cameras will not sync with the base.  I tried reconnecting the power to the base, rebooting my base, syncing the cameras with the base, deleted the device from my cell phone app and reinstalled.   It looks like the base is looking for a firmware update, but the update is failing.   Nothing is working.   I need to have this camera working as soon as possible.   What is the fix?  I tried calling support and they were blaming my internet modem which is BS because my work laptop is also connected to the internet modem with an ethernet cable, and I have not had any issues working an 8 hour day.   Can anyone help?

Thank you.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

moking,

It sounds like you've removed the cameras from the account. If that is the case, try accessing your account using the web client and click "add device' select Ultra and follow the on screen instructions to resync. What do you experience when doing this?

JamesC

Jron
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James,

After rbooting the camera, resetting the hub and syncing...still discovery failed. Your device cannot be discovered. The camera during the sync blinks red and not blue. I also notice that the battery drains faster than the other batteries (I interchange the batteries to check for the battery level). Should we just return them, it will be 15 days after purchase soon. I like the 3 cameras though.

Thank you.

Jron

YianniK
Guide
Guide

@Jron wrote:

Hi James,

After rbooting the camera, resetting the hub and syncing...still discovery failed. Your device cannot be discovered. The camera during the sync blinks red and not blue. I also notice that the battery drains faster than the other batteries (I interchange the batteries to check for the battery level). Should we just return them, it will be 15 days after purchase soon. I like the 3 cameras though.

Thank you.

Jron

'm  having the same issues, battery drain on the on that  can not sync.

AnthonyNZ
Tutor
Tutor

I had this issue. I returned the first Smart Hub and 3 Cameras to the store. When i got the next lot i had the same issues. 

Turns out that the devices were lying about their inital battery level and actually where exteremly flat. 

I let them all charge and they connected no issues. 

moking
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to connect my base and the two cameras by using my laptop instead of the cell phone app.  Everything is working as it should.   The base and the cameras had to be removed and then reinstalled using my laptop.  Just an fyi to anyone else out there - try using a laptop on the same wifi router to connect instead of the cell phone app.

YianniK
Guide
Guide

@moking wrote:

I was able to connect my base and the two cameras by using my laptop instead of the cell phone app.  Everything is working as it should.   The base and the cameras had to be removed and then reinstalled using my laptop.  Just an fyi to anyone else out there - try using a laptop on the same wifi router to connect instead of the cell phone app.

Shouldn't be this bloody hard to get Ultra 4K cameras to sync.. Clearly there is an issue with them.    

Anyone else have a solution??

AnthonyNZ
Tutor
Tutor
Fully charge the cameras overnight. The. Try connecting
Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation