Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is it possible to remote monitor, "24x7" on PC ?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
songwood
Follower
Follower
Have cameras (720 & 1080) from other manufacturers, but want 4k and looking at Arlo Ultra. I would like to know any "gotchas" or limitations (they seem to exist with every system). I have a remote location that I want to monitor (view) 'all day long'. I want to access the camera from my laptop and leave the image on the screen. Arlo's are famous for their wireless (battery) capability but I would expect power 'bricks' would be required for this application. Any issue/problem with this setup ? What kind of image quality can I expect to see remotely (network speed not withstanding) ? My laptop screen is 4k, but is 4k delivered remotely ? Is there an a loss during remote viewing ? Any issues with viewing with browser ? If the image delivered is less than 4k, if a zoom is done on the 'reduced' image or the 4k ? Thanks in advance !
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

24/7 would have to supplied by subscribing to CVR and using AC power. I'm not sure whether CVR is 1080p (I suspect it is) or 4K. Live view at 4K can only be done when on the same network as the Ultra system. Also, it's not the computer that has 4K limitations, it's the browser. Check out this FAQ:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062189/Which-devices-are-supported-for-HEVC-4K-playback

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

24/7 would have to supplied by subscribing to CVR and using AC power. I'm not sure whether CVR is 1080p (I suspect it is) or 4K. Live view at 4K can only be done when on the same network as the Ultra system. Also, it's not the computer that has 4K limitations, it's the browser. Check out this FAQ:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062189/Which-devices-are-supported-for-HEVC-4K-playback

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Adding to what jguerdat mentions, when subscribed to CVR for Ultra, the available feed is 1080p (not 4K). This isn't adjustable.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation