Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MJanis
Guide
Guide

I purchased this last week.  There were missing items from the box.  I am trying to capture the license plates from one of the cameras and I don't know how to do it.  When I change one thing, something else messes up.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do?  I have find it very difficult to navigate thru the Arlo website for assistance.

Thanks,

M. Janis

6 REPLIES 6
surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary

PR Stunt

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MJanis,

The distance from the camera plays an important role in the level of detail being captured. Can you provide more detail on what you're trying to change and what is messing up?

JamesC

MJanis
Guide
Guide

I have 5 cameras.  Most of my cameras are about 15-20 feet away from what i am trying to capture.  When people are walking by the curb - I could not identify who this person is.  For security reasons, this would be an important and valuable thing to have and be able to access and supply to authorities.  I open to any suggestions.

Thanks.

MJanis
Guide
Guide

What is a PR stunt?

mauijer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sadly this is the Ultra experience: Disappointment when customers expect to receive the Ultra claims and don't. I have a 5 ultra system and when an intruder trespassed we couldn't make out her face either. BTW if you don't already know, you have to record to a local MicroSD card to actually get your 4k recordings. The cloud and triggered recordings are not 4k. That being said our recording from the microSD could not be opened so can't tell you if the detail might be better there.

Wish you the best

MJanis
Guide
Guide

surger1000,

What do you mean by "PR Stunt"?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation