Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MisterGee
Star
Star

Hello!

I have an Arlo Ultra connected to power 24/7 and I got the CVR plan.

I have 300/100 mbps internet connection. Full bars connection between Arlo Ultra and SmartHub.

It still takes ATLEAST 5 seconds to open the live view, and when the live view is open there is a 5-10 seconds delay (NOT LIVE). 

What the F !?

This needs to be fixed or I will refund this crap. I swapped my Arlo Pro system with Base Station to Arlo Ultra with SmartHub but it's still crap?

What is going on, ARLO !?

5 REPLIES 5
shawn519
Guide
Guide

Welcome to the dark side, where up is down, black is white, and live is delayed.  I'm seriously thinking of starting a thread to gather interest for a lawsuit.  There are a number of things that are wrong, including false-advertising.  Arlo also compresses the video, which compromises video quality.  There is a 10-15 second delay, period.  There's no getting around that.  And yes, that is not LIVE.  There's also issues with connectivity, and crappy firmware updates that break more things than they fix.  I've had Arlo Ultra for 2 months, and instead of getting peace of mind, I've developed total anxiety.  The base station randomly goes offline, certain cameras go offline.  I have fiberoptic gigabit internet service, so my home network isn't a problem.  And I have the base station located in the center of my house, so each camera registers as "good" or "excellent" in terms of connectivity.  Arlo is a piece of crap, pure and simple.  The new base stations are supposed to have a ton of "silent" technology built in, waiting for future updates to be active.  If I was Arlo, I would pull out all of the stops ASAP, because they're losing customers left and right.  

MisterGee
Star
Star

Everything really is upside down. I've had all these problems aswell. 

I really hope there will be a lawsuit against them if they do not fix these problems ASAP! Atleast ADDRESS THEM!

Amazon bought Arlo from Netgear, maybe that has something to do with Arlo not doing anything except releasing new broken camera systems like Arlo Pro 3. Why produce ANOTHER faulty product before perfecting atleast ONE fully working product? I guess it really is all about the money like everywhere else..

I feel ripped off, AGAIN..!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MisterGee,

A slight delay when live streaming is normal behavior. There are several communications that must take place for the stream to arrive on your mobile device. To give you a high level example of how this interaction occurs, the request to stream is sent from your mobile device to the cloud and then from the cloud to the camera and back again to result in the stream you see. Data speeds on your mobile device, camera connectivity, your location, etc. all factor in to how long it takes to connect and maintain the live stream.

Making sure your camera has the best connectivity (full WiFi bars on the camera widget) and limiting potential sources of WiFi interference will provide the best performance when live streaming.

JamesC

MisterGee
Star
Star

Please, dont reply to me as I'm stupid and hav'nt looked at all the factors. The real reason behind this is that your servers and hardware sucks AND that you don't allow LOCAL STREAMING AND RECORDING WITHOUT YOUR CRAPPY CLOUD.  Not even when paying for expensive CVR plan do I get the cameras to work how the SHOULD.

I understand how a battery camera has some startup time before recording happens. But even then it SHOULD NOT BE 10 SECONDS DELAY in the live view! It's pathetic that you guys even defend this like its "normal behavior" because it's NOT normal. For me to view my own camera from home within the same network with VERY VERY GOOD signal/connection on all devices, WITH CVR PLAN (24/7 POWER), no interference, AND STILL HAVE 10 SEC DELAY ON LIVE VIEW IS ABSURD!

Understand that you HAVE TO FIX THIS or you guys will be sued, believe me.

PPP-001
Guide
Guide

Mine too , but just only 2-3 sec which seem to be fine for me.I can use arlo to speak with the mail man pretty much almost everyday.I believe something that you might concern more than just high speed is the ping delay time.you might try some internet provider who sell the divide channel for internet .For ex,in my country ,they sell 200+200 mbps double channel internel ,one for normal use the other for gaming.This reduce the delay time significantly.just recommend ,it might help.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation