Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra base station is unable to connect to local network

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
OlehF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

I had Alro Ultra base system for 2 weeks and it was working relatively fine. Yesterday it suddenly disconnected and since it just keeps flashing with orange light. I tried resetting base station, resetting router - nothing seems to resolve this issue. All other devices connect to my router in an instant. I work in technology, so please avoid answers like - have you restarted or have you tried to reset it. I have done it all multiple times. 

Please help. 

3 REPLIES 3
OlehF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Additionally, my router shows the Base station connected and it issued an IP address to it. While the station still keeps flashing orange. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@OlehF wrote:

Additionally, my router shows the Base station connected and it issued an IP address to it. While the station still keeps flashing orange. 

Flashing orange means the base isn't connecting to a camera - so it's not about the internet connection.  See page 8 for a description of the LEDs: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/Documents/ArloUltra/Arlo_Ultra_User_Manual.pdf

I suggest browsing to https://my.arlo.com in a PC, and see if you can get any more information ( which camera, etc).  Restarting the camera is a reasonable next step.

PPP-001
Guide
Guide

It is normal especially if your house is in the humid area of the world or if the rain just fall.However,it is still recording.For my townhouse Arlo base is just 20 m away from the camera it always blink in Orange after outside rain.Be calm ,in the first i feel frustrate too because some of my cam turn red in picture(i disable infrared which seem to work).But the most important thing is that you have to set the sensitivity to High in order to capture all event and place on the position stated in manual 2 m and try walking test in the area of interest.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation