Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Graham_A
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi all,

More problems with Arlo Ultra. This time yet another camera is not working correctly. The camera has been reset, twice, in every conceivable way. This was done because the image went haywire, showing only a top left, normally not visible part of the image. Now the Blue LED is on whenever the camera detects motion and at night there’s no IR LED. Any suggestions how to get night vision working and stop the Blue LED?

9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Graham_A,

Are you changing the settings through the Arlo iOS/Android app? Have you tried triggering the settings through the web client on your computer to see if that helps?

Graham_A
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello JessicaP, Thanks for reaching out. Your prior intervention went nowhere. Completely expected and not your fault, simply business as usual for Arlo. I spent 6 hours, that is correct, on chat on Wednesday, following a 3 hour session on the phone the day before trying to resolve the MANY issues with Arlo. I’m steadily working through every site I can find to leave 1 star (or less where possible) reviews and a synopsis of my dealings with Arlo over the past 9 months. My aim is to have Arlo either resolve the myriad issues or have customers buy alternatives and add my little piece to the puzzle to have Arlo removed from the market to prevent the pain I’ve suffered being inflicted on others by their being sucked in by Arlo’s lies. The latest review is on Amazon. My next step is to reach out to Arlo’s Lily Knowles, SVP Customer Care and other things and give her a thorough, detailed report of my various issues.

On this issue, Arlo has agreed to replace the camera, because nothing done to it works! Shame their RMA system doesn’t even work, requiring another 2 hours on chat yesterday to have Arlo’s people process the RMA, which they couldn’t do either! Why? Because the RMA system is broken and they have raised a ticket with their IT to get the RMA working.

Arlo’s product and systems are SO completely hopeless it’s a travesty.

Anyway, other things to do. Bye for now

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you about your experience with the support team.

Graham_A
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Jessica_P

More issues with the Arlo SmartHub this time, since my last message. The system is clearly falling apart, one piece at a time. I was asked / told to reset the Hub because of numerous issues. Never-mind that I said it wouldn’t do anything, hasn’t before so why would this time be any different. Little did I know it would ‘brick’ itself on a firmware update when I tried to add a camera. Onto chat, usual BS from ‘Dale’ this time, who though at the end of the conversation was asked to send a transcript, has not...again Business As Usual for Arlo. Product knowledge or perhaps Dale’s ability to read was pretty much non-existent, telling me to find another channel (WiFi) for the Hub. I’m a 40+ year IT veteran therefore we’ll versed in many things network and had set the system to a non congested channel when it first had issues with connecting to cameras. However why I asked do you want that when the Hub is hardwired! OMG, a copy paste from the start of the chat which Dale clearly didn’t read and away we went again, because I’d said from the outset the Hub appeared to have failed to load firmware.. Another hour of my life I’ll never see again to achieve...giving Dale my details for an RMA. Yes, another return. I’m not holding out I’ll see anything in terms of replacement for the camera or now the a Hub.

Oh, and here’s the part that had me in fits of laughter. Resetting the Hub had the effect on the systems at Arlo’s end saying I’d first installed / bought the system yesterday. Dale wouldn’t be convinced this nightmare had been going on since December 2019. I had to show a bank statement showing the Dec 2019 purchase date. You wouldn’t believe the level of my disbelief at that one.

It seems my system was variously activated June 2019, 6 months before I bought it. Dec 2019 and the still non functional subscription cancelled 10 days after I started it, and now yesterday!

I’ve had 2 stuffed cameras and the Hub along with the subscription all fail. The camera system itself is a steaming pile of rubbish. About as reliable as a tissue paper umbrella. However I’m determined to get Arlo to make work what I’ve paid for and I’m not about to walk away as many others probably have. And I’m publishing on every forum I can my experience.

If you want to find out more details about my experience look up any product review site, you’ll probably find one of my review, as I’ve said, it’s on Amazon and Apple App Store also. Beyond that and no disrespect intended, your interventions have achieved nothing thus far, therefore unless you can engage someone senior in the organisation to do something purposeful, I’m not seeing much point in keeping things private. As far as I’m concerned I’m going to keep my experience public and as prominent as possible to embarrass Arlo into fixing their issues.

Graham_A
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Jessica_P

Here’s a summary of my issues with Arlo, I think this needs to be publicly viewable, hence I’m not replying on a private message. Let me know who uou’re going to raise this to, because I’ve been on Arlo’s website and have the names of the senior management, who will be getting report next week.

Here’s a list of case numbers and what they relate to. I’ll be opening more as issues arise with the system.

41928228 Hub not updating

41922779 Ultra camera's night vision not working

7155995  & 7155884  RMA For night vision failure

41925651 Asking for 6 month credit as the free trial was accidentally cancelled

41925197 Unable to record in fixed time

41923505 No recordings in direct local storage

41837820 Billing Refund for CVR

41828441 & 41821018 & 41739168

41729490 Camera intermittently record/skip recording

41752067  & 41738641 Direct Storage Concern / Does not save recordings due to Error message

41729487 & 41722712 system won't recognize valid subscription

41751412 1 year free subscription disappeared after purchasing a CVR

41722688 1-year free plan and CVR

41751206 Technical Issue

41751194 Disconnected Call

41726673 Local Storage doesn't work

41332243 No recordings in the library.

In terms of people I’ve dealt with there’s probably about 40 in all to do with camera issues, app and web app failures, hub and storage issues, CVR and subscription problems, along with refunds that haven’t eventuated. This is a list of people who have been prepared to sign emails, there’s a lot more simply signed ‘ARLO Support’:

Dar Arlo Support Expert

Jeff Arlo Support Expert

Francis Your Arlo Order Support

JayArlo Support technical Expert

Wea ARLO Support

Joan Arlo Technical Support

Liz Arlo Support Expert

Joanna Arlo Technical Support

Vhanisza Arlo Support Expert

Maria Arlo Support Expert

Glenn Arlo Support

James Arlo Support

Antonette ARLO Support Expert

Mel ARLO Support Expert

Andrea Arlo Support Expert

Katrine Santos Customer Care Advocate

Sheryl Arlo Support Expert

Guiller Arlo Support

Roh Arlo Technical Support

Ace ARLO Support

Kim ARLO Support Expert

Arlo needs to own up and admit it’s released a fundamentally flawed system and fix it!

Graham_A
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello Jessica_P,

Is there a reply / some of intervention coming, or has this been dropped into the too hard basket?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The support team has mentioned that they have tried contacting you via phone call on Mon Sept 14 but was not able to reach you.

I've responded to you via private message to gather some information from you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Graham_A
Apprentice
Apprentice
I replied to a message from suppprt explaining I had received 14 sp calls the day sippprt contacted me and asked for clarification of what was unclear from the tickets before I wasted more time with yet another uniformed support tech and received no repose.
Graham_A
Apprentice
Apprentice
no response
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation