Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Uribees
Star
Star

Have the Arlo Ultras been pulled from Best Buy?  I originally bought mine from Best Buy on the release date but now looking at the product page it says "Coming Soon".  Also Amazon now has an estimated ship date of March 17th, it was previously January 31st.  Have they just been pulled and delayed to fix software bugs or are there plans to revise the hardware?  And if so what about the people that already purchased them, like myself? Are we just SOL?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Our product team as well as Best Buy decided to take the product offline to limit the sales to their physical retail channel to take advantage of the expertise of the Best Buy in-store associates as we issued several firmware updates to address some of the unique issues in certain environments. We are now seeing some positive feedback on the forums from users in these environments. We are continuing to investigate reported issues and will be releasing firmware updates to solve these challenges.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
KGSRETIRED
Apprentice
Apprentice

I see where ultra is not available at bb. Did it get pulled or just out?

Ultimateboss
Tutor
Tutor

No they have not..... I just checked in my store( I’m an employee) and they are still on the shelf. Maybe your location is out of stock ?

Update
............ I just checked .Dotcom, you are correct ... they are still on the shelf but online says coming soon. .... I’ll investigate ....

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Given that Amazon shows "This item will be released on March 17, 2019"  one theory might be that Best Buy jumped the gun and started selling before Arlo gave the nod.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
BestBuyGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

The store I work at has pulled our remaining inventory to be returned to Arlo for replacement due to the abnormally high failure/return rate. This is store specific, not a corporate decision (yet).

Comiotmoto
Star
Star

@BestBuyGuy wrote:

The store I work at has pulled our remaining inventory to be returned to Arlo for replacement due to the abnormally high failure/return rate. This is store specific, not a corporate decision (yet).

Actually my local store has done the same thing I think. They had a ton in stock and now that section has been replaced  and the salesman said they don't have any to sell at this time. 

FastEddie44
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a two camera set last night. They are lagging for over two minutes. I’m returning them back to BB tomorrow. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@FastEddie44 wrote:

I bought a two camera set last night. They are lagging for over two minutes. I’m returning them back to BB tomorrow. 

Did you see this?

Re: Arlo Ultra Camera Distance from Base Problems - Arlo Communities

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fasteddie44,

Can you give us more detail about what you are seeing? What do you mean when you say they are lagging for over two minutes? Are you referring to the live stream?

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Our product team as well as Best Buy decided to take the product offline to limit the sales to their physical retail channel to take advantage of the expertise of the Best Buy in-store associates as we issued several firmware updates to address some of the unique issues in certain environments. We are now seeing some positive feedback on the forums from users in these environments. We are continuing to investigate reported issues and will be releasing firmware updates to solve these challenges.

Uribees
Star
Star
Thanks for the update James. Will there be any hardware revisions made to the product? Or is it only firmware changes?
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation