Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Gloryrob
Star
Star
Anyone having problems with keeping the arlo ultra batteries keeping a charge. I have my cameras connected to a AC outlet , the batteries slowly keep on draining while it shows the batteries charging . I bought a new battery yesterday thinking it might be the battery. It’s doing the same thing slowly draining down without giving me a 100 percent charge.
8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using the original ac adapter for the Ultra ??

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Gloryrob
Star
Star
I’m using the new 25 foot arlo ultra outdoor cables for two cameras.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try cleaning the contacts on both sides of the magnetic connector (cable and camera) to see if that helps. Otherwise, swap the supply at the store or open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

n11
Apprentice
Apprentice
My charging is erratic. I'm using 4 Wasserstein outdoor cables and the power adapters that came with them (purchased all on Amazon). I've had one camera that has completely depleted its battery twice. The others seem to vary between about 50% and 100% charge but are often in the 80s. Only one is holding a constant 100% and it has done that for about three days as of today. The cables are pretty much permanently mounted so I've swapped around the adapters to see if any were faulty and if I could see any pattern to indicate what was going on but no pattern was seen. I'm going to continue swapping adapters, batteries, and cameras to try and narrow down the problem. The battery icons always show a thunderbolt charging symbol unless I turn off the power. When I turn the power back on the thunderbolt charging symbol returns immediately. With the exception of the two times the battery depleted the cameras have been functional. I've held off on raising this issue because I wondered if Arlo had designed the system to keep the batteries at less than a 100% charge in order to prolong the life of the batteries (I have a laptop that does that...the battery is kept at about 60%). More outdoor cables are available now so I'm hoping others will share their experiences. Wasserstein and Pavora are available now on Amazon and hopefully the Arlo cables/adapters will be coming soon.
n11
Apprentice
Apprentice

@jguerdat wrote:

You can try cleaning the contacts on both sides of the magnetic connector (cable and camera) to see if that helps. Otherwise, swap the supply at the store or open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Good idea. I'll try that to see if it helps. Any recommendation on what to use (or what not to use) to clean the contacts (wire brush, pencil eraser, magic eraser sponge, steel wool)?
catemp
Apprentice
Apprentice
Pavora is great. Using then on 2 cameras and they are always 99-100 precent. I went to Pavora from another brand that was doing the same thing yours are.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The batteries in the cameras really only get charged to 80% to allow them to be on charge all the time without damage.

In the charging tube/station they will get a 100% charge.

Morse is faster than texting!
catemp
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thats good info. I only know the percentage the camera reports. Hooked to the pavora chargers it's always 99-100 precent. If it's really 80 percent but being reported as 99-100, that feels believable based on how Arlo seems to do everything else.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation