Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Venkie9910
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, i have searched the arlo forums extensively for an answer but with no luck hence i ask for help.

Here is my situation:- I am successfuly using 5 x Arlo Pro 2 cameras around my house and they work fine since last 3 years. Hence, since i was happy with arlo 2 product and i got a new Arlo Ultra with 4k camera for my drive to get better video footage and sometimes view the vehicle number plates as the pro 2's have a low resolution. so i have setup two cameras facing my drive, one arlo pro 2 at the far end of my garage facing my drive and the new arlo ultra on the other end of my garage which is also next to my main home door entrance and wifi router.

After setting up the Arlo Ultra 4k device and activating the free 1 year trial subscription, i noticed that it sometimes doesnt record any videos and sometimes it does, its a bit of hit and miss. I figured this out as i have a another older Arlo Pro 2 facing the drive from another angle and it records perfectly, Also my ring door bell pro picks up motion and records. So basically its hit and miss on the Arlo Ultra 4k to record motion. there is also a band on the top of the Ultra where it doesnt pick up motion as in a inbuilt feature but this is important to me as my drive is very long and i need more motion area. Is this something that can be fixed via a firmware update?

Also when i click on live view, sometimes its open immediately and sometimes it never opens live view (constantly showing "connecting" with the circular icon) and this is frustrating. I have to then go into the setting of my Ultra "Device Utilities/camera positioning" and then it says connecting...... then 2 to 5 minutes later its open and shows "full video bandwidth" and then when i go back to live view it sometimes opens. its annoying as i have to do this each time to open live view when my camera is 2 meters from my wifi router and i have a 200mbps connections. Also my Arlo pro 2 in the drive is futher away 15 meters from the wifi router and works perectly.

the same with with the battery indicator as it shows always 94% and its connected to the power 24/7...

So, after reading in the forums, I have many times deleted/removed the device and set it up and also the base station and it always giving me the same issues. I aslo checked on the ultra subscription and its active till 2022 and linked to my ulta camera. 

all other setting are active like device is fully armed, motion detection is 100% etc etc.

does anyone have similar problems and what could be the solutions??

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This sounds like a signal strength/quality issue. It could be some interference due to the nearby WiFi router or just the distance between the Ultra and the base.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation