Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JessicaTyson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, have read through the posts and tried all the trouble shooting and also tried to contact Arlo for a week, nothing has worked.
Bought the Arlo Ultra 4K a month ago, set it all up no problems, at the beginning all working perfectly in armed mode, recording motion for a set amount of time that I set up, now since Tuesday one camera was first showing motion notifications with 00 videos so not recording, then it is not connecting at all now and letting me see it live. I have NBN speed in my house so speed is not an issue, I have reset base, restarted, removed all devices, logged in and out, re set it up again, taken batteries out,
Swapped batteries (camera was issue not battery) then checked firmware up to date. I think Arlo need to do something their side now but I would appreciate some help!
8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JessicaTyson,

Is it just the one camera that has the issue? Do you get any error messages when attempting to live stream this camera? How far from the SmartHub is the camera having the issue?

JamesC

SFerrari
Aspirant
Aspirant
I too have this issue. I’m onto my 2nd replacement camera. It will work for a few days then absolutely nothing. Camera has good reception from hub. I need to find resolution or will return entire set for another. Would rather not.
JessicaTyson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ugh, I spent HOURS on the phone to them and now they are posting me out one and I shall return the other. How frustrating !
SFerrari
Aspirant
Aspirant
Update : swapped out entire system. Having exact same problem with 3rd camera in same place. Will move camera and see what results are but I’m not confident.
JessicaTyson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yep I had to post mine back and get another one - working sweet for the moment but a bit of a pain considering they are $500 cameras
SFerrari
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine lasted a few days. New one didn’t last an hr. I’m very confused by the whole thing because the original pack lasted 2 months. But since the new app and updates I’m having nothing but problems.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SFerrari,

If you've swapped out the system and continue having the same issue with a new camera in the same location, something at that location is likely causing the issue.

Are you able to relocate the SmartHub closer to the camera? You might also try elevating the SmartHub as some users have reported improvements in signal strength when doing this.

JamesC

SFerrari
Aspirant
Aspirant
The camera had excellent Line of sight. I also moved the camera to right beside the hub to make sure. And still same result. This was after disconnecting and reconnect to the hub.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation