Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
tm12
Guide
Guide

Arlo System suddenly stops recording without any changes done!!! Again the third time in a row within a couple of days I have to setup my entire Arlo system consisting of several Arlo ultra and older Arlo cameras (more than 10 cameras)n it always costs me around 5 hours to setup and synchronize the cameras.

it really sucks and no one of the support team takes care of this bad software!!! I spent almost 3000 euros for the system - this is total ripoff 

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This is hardly normal so would seem to be a local issue. Have you forced closed the app and reopened it as well as tried a web browser? What are the LEDs on the base showing when "offline"? Have you tried rebooting the router and base, in that order?

tm12
Guide
Guide

I tried everything: de-installing and installing the app; turning off/on base station/router;  I had checked for new firmware, etc...; important to know is that the cams are NOT offline - they still work (I do have Ultra and older ones; altogether 12); when this incident occurs they always loosing some settings and they do not record anymore (without changing anything at my settings & recording plan); I also have valid subscription plan (smart Elite & Premier & elite); the only way to bring it back is full reset the base station and to add each cam again; first time this situation occurred was may , 14th

Liquid_Insanity
Tutor
Tutor
I am having the exact same problem with my system. Any updates on a fix? It’s either the hub or a software update that is messed up. Mine is only six months old and I started having this issue 2 months ago. I have to completely start over as a new install to get them to record for about two weeks if I am lucky. Sometimes it only works for a day. So frustrating.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have either of you used the Contact Support link at the bottom here?

Liquid_Insanity
Tutor
Tutor
I have contacted support 3 times and they just keep telling me to start over. I have to completely uninstall everything and set up as a new system again. It works for about a week or two and the cameras stop recording. They don’t seem to want to believe there is an underlying problem. I honestly think the hub is either messed up or the last software update had a bug in it.
tm12
Guide
Guide

Why don’t answer any of the support engineers?  😞

Liquid_Insanity
Tutor
Tutor
I’m not sure what you mean. I have not heard from any support engineers to answer them. I have called support 3 times and done everything they asked me to do.
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

jguerdat,  this is hardly normal ?  Have you tried support ?  Where have you been ?  This started with the April 27 firmware update and has flooded this forum ever since. Support has been no help to anyone and the firmware update that just came out to address this is still an unknown as a fix.  Even with instructions that didn't work it took 6 tries just to get it to download and some still haven't been successful.  Hardly normal is right though.

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@LandJS 
amen to that 

3John16
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've come to troubleshoot the exact same issues. We have four cameras, 3 solar pads and paid a lot of money for this system that has stopped recording. I'm going to talk to American Express about getting a refund as it seems like Arlo "customer service" is a piece of work. I'm also going to email a few class action attorneys.
Liquid_Insanity
Tutor
Tutor

Has anyone received any resolution to this.  Customer support is an absolute joke.  I am so ready to throw this crap in the trash and report them to the BBB.  $2,500 for this POS only to throw it in the trash because it is absolutely useless.  I will be blasting my feelings out to every social media platform I have and writing horrible reviews for it every where I see it online.  I would never recommend Arlo to anyone after the absolute horrible experience I have had with these clowns.  Crying shame because it was such a great system for 6 months until it totally crapped out and quit recording.  

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation