Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bbeagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've been having issues with 24/7 CVR since I subscribed to it.

It will work fine for a week or so, then I'll go look at it one day in the web app, iPhone app, ipad app, and I'll notice that I don't have 24/7 CVR anymore. I can't even see my old CVR recordings. I either can't get into Timeline mode or I just get a button telling me to upgrade to CVR. 

I looked all over the web app found nothing. My subscription says that I get CVR. I then called customer service. They tell me to do the standard reboot the camera, restart the base station, unpair and repair the camera, etc. etc.  - but nothing works.

Then one day I go into the iPad app, and there is something on there that I find (It's on the web app as well). Under settings, if I click subscription, then 'manage camera status'. I'll then see my 4 cameras. There is a line that says 'CVR Move a CVR eligible camera here to activate CVR.' Really? What? I paid for a specific camera to have CVR. Makes no sense. But if I drag my camera there, I'll get CVR for a while then it will go away at some point. 

Why does my camera keep dropping CVR? (The same thing with PVR as well - but the iPad app won't show PVR). It just dropped CVR this morning at 11:07am, I added it back at 2:15pm. We'll see how long it takes until it's removed again. At least I know how to fix it, but if this keeps up, I'll dump my CVR as it's not reliable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bbeagle,

A fix was released this morning resolving this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Good morning Bbeagle, I’ve had exact same issue and just got this email (screenshot attached) from Arlo yesterday and it explains a lot!
bbeagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks!

I removed the CVR from my plan as it's worthless the way it doesn't work now, and I also doubt Arlo will give me a refund or credit of any kind if they ever fix this problem.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bbeagle,

A fix was released this morning resolving this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation