Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 won't connect to Ultra hub

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SavageBoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying to connect four Pro 2 cameras to my Ultra hub, but none of them will connect. I press the sync button as requested by the Arlo app, but it never finds any of my cameras. The cameras led is blinking blue so they are in sync mode. In the app i choose "Pro 2" so that isn't an issue either. 

All of them have been connected to a Pro 2 hub earlier, could that be the reason for not being able to sync with this new hub?

4 REPLIES 4
SavageBoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem solved! It seems to be a bug in the IOS software. I tried connecting them using "My Arlo" in Chrome, using my PC, and it worked instantly.

However, I'm not so happy now, when I realised that I can only connect five cameras to my hub, without paying a lot of cash to Arlo each month :(. I did pay a lot of cash for my cameras... Well, well, I guess I'll have to start up my Arlo Pro 2 hub as well, so I won't need an elite subscription or whatever's needed.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@SavageBoy wrote:

However, I'm not so happy now, when I realised that I can only connect five cameras to my hub, without paying a lot of cash to Arlo each month :(.

If you have an Ultra hub, you probably have some Ultra cameras. These do not come with free cloud access. You do get a year's complimentary cloud with the Ultra. It is down to three months with the Pro 3.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
SavageBoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I'm aware of that. But I didn't think there was a limitation to have five cameras connected to my hub. And my Pro 2 cameras do have free cloud access with my Pro 2 hub.

brh
Master
Master

@SavageBoy,

To get past the 5 camera limit, you will need to put your additional cameras and hub to a separate account and share that account to your current account. So you might want to put the original hub on another account along with any additional cameras and connect them to that hub then grant access back to your Ultra account. The 5 camera limit is based on one account not how many hubs you have.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation