Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rovvp
Tutor
Tutor

Since the last Arlo app update I have noticed a bunch of issues, the worst being false readings on my cameras.

The camera battery status changes when switching between UI screens in the App.

Since the App hasn’t been updated for 3 months I have been wondering what is happening?

Where did the monthly App updates go? 

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo app are you using? 

rovvp
Tutor
Tutor

Device: iPhone 12 Pro

App Version: 3.6.8 (3421) release 3rd june

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo app shouldn't have an impact on what your cameras are being triggered by. May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed in regards to the false motion triggers? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Do you have a screenshot of the the battery error messaging or the different battery percentages? 

rovvp
Tutor
Tutor

I think you misunderstood.

The issue is related to the battery percentages. 

When I plug a camera in to charge the blue light comes on but the App shows the camera is not charging. 

When in the App (gallery view) of the cameras. Each camera has a battery indicator. This occasionally toggles percentages when scrolling or through or switching between cameras.

I.e Occasionally a camera will report as 50% but suddenly change to 20% after a second or so.

I don’t have a screen recording and all cameras report a strong connection to the base station.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I am not able to replicate the issues as described. If the battery charging percentages appear vs the bar charging indicator to the percentages hop back and forth, would you mind providing a data log so I can look in to this a little more? I can provide detailed instructions.

Thanks 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation