Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Dukenewcomb21
Apprentice
Apprentice
My system has been fine forever until today. When I open the app, each cameras says it is offline and the base station also says offline.

However I was getting motion notifications via HomeKit so I was very confused.

I opened HomeKit and can view all cameras live, without issue.

However in the Arlo app and online they all say offline. I cannot see any live shots or recordings.

I have unplugged the base station, replugged, changed out the Ethernet cable, replugged it back into the router, etc. Nothing is working.

All other internet connected items are fine.

The fact that the cameras are working without issue in HomeKit tells me they are fine also.

When I walk by them, the motion still triggers them and the spotlight still works.

So obviously the cameras are fine.

Something is not working software wise on the Arlo side.

Anyone have any ideas? I really do not want to have to pull them all down and repair or delete etc. which hopefully isn’t the case since the base isn’t even online.

How frustrating.
7 REPLIES 7
Gridnik
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here. After years of flawless connectivity, something occurred overnight that caused my cameras to be offline within the app on iOS14 and on my.arlo.com this morning.

I have since restarted my Arlo base station, disconnecting the ethernet and power cables per support articles. I have also checked connections to the ethernet hub and restarted my eero router to no avail. I also removed the devices from HomeKit as a precaution (and of course, I can't add them back).

The Arlo base station middle light glows amber despite an active connection to the internet. All cameras are still sending push notifications via the Arlo app for motion detection despite the error messages saying 'Your Base Station is offline' that appear on each camera.

Jayvee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same with me, base station is reported offline but internet connection is fine.

Rebooting router and Arlo base didn't help. I suspect server maintenance going on in combination with 2FA.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue with your cameras appearing offline within the Arlo app?

Gridnik
Tutor
Tutor

As of yesterday, my issues are now resolved. After 3 days of being offline (despite active app notifications) all cameras have reappeared within the Arlo app and videos are now populating my Library as usual. It must have been something on the server side that has since been resolved.

Jayvee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I contacted Arlo support but not reply still now.

I followed the instruction on how to solve base station offline problems:

I removed the base from setup, added it again, added all cameras, updates all settings, re-created all user-defined modes, verified and re-connected IFTTT-integration.

I spent half of a day just to get everything running like it was before. Extremely disappointing.

For my SmartHome application, five different product supplier force me to to use paid Online Cloud services, including IFTTT and Arlo. All of them produce problems from time to time. None of them provide information what's going on.

In the meantime Cloud Services are a no-go for me. I will not buy any product anymore that forces me to use any type of Cloud service as there is no reason that my applications should fail as of sombodyelses server problems.

Gridnik
Tutor
Tutor

My camera issues have returned as of the morning of 12/05. The cameras no longer appear within the iOS app and the base station appears offline. This time, motion detection notifications are also dead.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Gridnik

Are you still experiencing this issue? what are the Leds displaying on your base station/smart hub?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation