Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Ultra stopped working randomly. Paying monthly fee to save recordings.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LoraMae
Tutor
Tutor

I'm easily frustrate with Arlo, but I do love it.  I pay a monthly fee to have recordings saved.  A few weeks ago the two Arlo ultra cameras that I have outside near my front door quit working.  They work inside when charging (even new batteries), but when placed outdoors, they go offline.  I've done nothing new.  I have a brick home and I know it's unable to stay online through the brick and my Internet comes in through my basement, so there is a lot of space between the station hub and the actual two cameras.  I need some help.  This was expensive and I hate to pay a monthly fee for something that doesn't work correctly.

2 REPLIES 2
LoraMae
Tutor
Tutor

I have Arlo Ultra and love it.  Although it often frustrates me, the system works most of the time as intended.  One of the 6 cameras fell and broke.  I was sad because I'm paying for the monthly storage fees to keep recordings.  I found one reasonably inexpensive online but it was an Arlo Pro 2.  When I first got the camera, it synced fine.  However, when I plugged it in to charge, the sync was disrupted.  Now I cannot sync it at all.  I know it's compatible, but I'm unsure why it worked initially but now it doesn't.  I've watched online videos about how to sync, but there's nothing available to show how to sync and old camera to a newer system.  I'd love advice.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try moving the hub closer to the cameras. If needed, an inexpensive WiFi or powerline extender can be used to plug the hub into rather than plugging into the router.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation