Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 21 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
iamarlo
Guide
Guide
Anyone experiencing these issues on their Arlo App 3.6.4 on an Android?
1. No timestamp when viewing a recorded video.
2. While viewing a recorded video, it jumps back to another recorded video from the previous day.
3. Random motion push notification but nothing is recorded and there was no motion.
4. The last recorded motion doesn't update on the list of devices. Example, it displays 4 hours on the image but there was a motion 10 minutes ago.
5. Audio and likely mic can no longer be accessed for a camera.
29 REPLIES 29
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

iamarlo,

We've received several of these reports here on the community. I've escalated these issues to the development team and they are currently investigating. I will provide an update once I know more.

JamesC

chvo
Guide
Guide

Yes... having the same issues, very annoying.

The library keeps refreshing when scrolling through the thumbnails, then you have to search where you previously left off, only for it to refresh again when you found it, then skips to the previous day while your watching the recording!!! 😞

stonecold
Guide
Guide
Yes...all of those! Glad I'm not the only one and they're aware of it. Very frustrating.
stonecold
Guide
Guide
Thank you James! I hope it's resolved quickly.
arlo-user123
Apprentice
Apprentice

Here's another user with the same problem and this has been happening for a while now, no excuse why it hasn't been fixed.

You cannot scroll the library without it refreshing and forcing the window back up to the top, making the entire purpose of this app - the ability to view the videos - worthless. In addition, it throws up some random video from the day before every time you try and play a video. 

Very poorly executed app, just like the ridiculous 2FA that nobody wants. 

stonecold
Guide
Guide
I noticed mine started acting up around May 5th. Absolutely ridiculous we're still dealing with this issue. I love the cameras but every time one issue is fixed on the app, something else gets messed up. I hope they're getting close to a resolution.
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

This is very much the pattern, I'm afraid: fix one thing, break another. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is now available in the app store (3.6.5). Please download the latest version and test again. If you still experience an issue, please let me know.

JamesC

stonecold
Guide
Guide
Thanks for the update!
arlo-user123
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not in Google Play. Still 3.6.4

iamarlo
Guide
Guide
Thanks! It appears to have resolved four of the issues I listed: jumping to another recorded video, no mic/speaker issue, random push notifications, timestamp of recorded video being watched. The only one that doesn't appear to have resolved is that the last recorded motion/preview shot doesn't display on the list of devices. However, I think it is the least critical of the five issues I listed. In the meantime, I have to go into a device's library of recorded videos to see the most recent video. Thanks again!
arlo-user123
Apprentice
Apprentice

Someone please tell me where to get the new rev because it's not on Google Play

iamarlo
Guide
Guide

I went into Google Play.  If it is not listed initially upon entry into Google Play, click on "Check for updates".

arlo-user123
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tried that, no luck. Maybe we're hitting different servers.

stonecold
Guide
Guide
Nothing on Google Play for me either. Checked for updates about a dozen times since we were told it was out. I bought my original 4pk of Pro 2's back in 2018 and have purchased many more and even the Essential, Pro 4's, and Ultra 2's. This by far the worst app glitch as far as what is messed up and how long it's taking. Like I said...cameras themselves work really well for me.
iamarlo
Guide
Guide
I have Android version 12. I wonder if the Arlo update only shows up for certain Android versions.
stonecold
Guide
Guide
Anything is possible.
I have ONE UI 4.1
Android 12
jhansen5
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm also having same problem on android app. Jumping back to another recording.
The app has become useless now!
April 2022 version
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

It may take a couple days for the update to become available for all users. Keep checking the app store for available updates and test again after you've received version 3.6.5.

JamesC

arlo-user123
Apprentice
Apprentice

It's already been many days and the new version is still not in Google Play. Anyone else having the same problem?

DONinthedesert
Aspirant
Aspirant
Dealing with the same frustration everyone else is.
stonecold
Guide
Guide
I've been checking Google Play about a dozen times a day since we heard the 3.5.6 update was available. Well it finally showed up for me. Time will tell what's been corrected. Btw the version that was available for me was 3.6.6
iamarlo
Guide
Guide
I updated when 3.6.5 showed up. But then I tried updating it for someone else and only 3.6.4 was available. It appears 3.6.5 was only available for awhile and addressed most of the issues. 3.6.6 still doesn't resolve the issue of showing the most recent preview image of the detection and elapsed time. In the meantime, I need to click through to the library for the device's most recent preview image of the most recent detection.
stonecold
Guide
Guide
James,
Any news on another update newer than 3.6.6? My camera thumbnails still aren't updating and now the majority of my cameras...no changed settings on my part...only record for 1-3 seconds if I'm lucky. Then randomly will record for the 2 minutes I have them set at or random times under 2 minutes. I've had my Pro 2 cameras since 2018 and have bought Essential, Pro 4, and Ultra 2's so I'm not new to this.
Thanks
Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 21 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation