Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's right! For more information, take a look here: Great news! Apple HomeKit is now supported on Arlo Ultra cameras!

JamesC

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's right! For more information, take a look here: Great news! Apple HomeKit is now supported on Arlo Ultra cameras!

JamesC

TJay64
Tutor
Tutor

This was great news and overdue, setting up in Homekit was relatively easy. Not a lot of functionality, but I can say “ hey Siri, show me the front camera” and the image appears on the screen of my phone or iPad. I tried a little experiment by opening the home app on my Apple Watch and located the cameras, when I tap on the camera it opens and starts going into live feed on my watch. I thought “this is a bonus, I can see live feeds from my wrist”, then the watch crashed and took about 10 minutes to reboot. I tried the same thing a few times with the same result. Then the camera disconnected from the base station requiring a full reset of the base station. Does anyone know if the HomeKit compatibility was designed to extend to live feeds on the Apple Watch?

Troiano27
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I set up HomeKit with my arlo ultra cameras? Ive read the setup online. There is no code to scan on my 2 camera kit box or any paper insert. There’s nothing to scan on the bottom of my base station. If do setup without the code, it doesn’t give me the option of a apple home kit in the arlo app. I use my Apple TV as my HomeKit base. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you 

Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yay!! HomeKit for Ultra - my VMB4000 Base Station is working flawlessly, and now Dark Mode for iOS!

Thanks a Arlo for all the hard work lately in addressing issues and adding improvements!

Last on my list is the promised MicroSD access from the app without removing the SD card! Then it will all be complete in my eyes!
JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

There is no Home kit setting in the new Arlo App and there is no 8 Digit code to set it up.. Where do you get this code, or when will home kit appear in the app?

Home kit is detecting and listing the base station..

brh
Master
Master

To set up Homekit, in the Arlo app, go to Settings and scroll down to Homekit and click it. The app should scan your devices and automatically add them to Homekit.

Brian

Troiano27
Aspirant
Aspirant

Once in settings, where am I looking? If I go into devices, then touch my home base, there is no Apple HomeKit option. So where else in the arlo app am I looking? If I manually add into the home app, it sees my base station. I click on it, it ask s for an 8 digit code I don’t have. If I try to scan inside home app, it d-want pick up anything on the bottom of my base station. All firmware is up to date. 

brh
Master
Master

@Troiano27,

In the Arlo app when you go to Settings and scroll down beneath where it says Subscription do you not see, "Homekit Setup?"

Brian

Troiano27
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m on iOS and using latest app. I don’t have that option. Ive deleted the app and reinstalled. Still nothing.
JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had the same, I had to delete the base station, the app, and reinstall from scratch.. After I got it working I realised these is not a lot of advantage with home kit. The Camera system is very limited in what it can do. I deleted Home kit and just went back to the app.

Troiano27
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is it one or the other? Use HomeKit or use app but can’t use both?
JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

You can use both. Home kit is more about home automation, the app is way better at set up, and has better quality video streams, including 4K. You will just get notifications from both the app and home kit if you use notifications.

Example is using Home kit you could turn on a Philips Hue light when the Arlo sensor detected movement. things like that. But you will need set up a "Home Hub" like apple TV or an iPad or similar if you want to use it away from you home wifi.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation