Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
triplerock
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,

In my home setup, I have a Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 (modem+router) combo gateway, which connects to my Ultra SmartHub VMB5000 via an ethernet port/cable.

- When my phone is connected to my home WIFI, I open the Arlo app and everything works fine.

- But when my phone switches to cellular data and I open the Arlo app, it shows all the cameras ( Arlo Pro 2  and Arlo Pro 4 Wireless Security Camera ) as "Your Arlo device appears offline". Also, opening the VMB5000 smarthub setting in the app displays the same "Your Arlo device appears offline" message.

My goal is to at least being able to use cellular data connection to remotely live stream and turn on/off devices away from home.

Could someone please help? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Gonna guess you're using iOS. I don't use Apple for anything but I do remember posts here indicating that you have to go into the phone settings to allow the Arlo app to use cellular data.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

I don't use Apple for anything but I do remember posts here indicating that you have to go into the phone settings to allow the Arlo app to use cellular data.

You do (and although I don't use Android right now, I believe that is also the case with Android phones).

FWIW, I am not seeing this issue with my iPhone 12 mini.

triplerock
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks guys. I use Android and I've set to allow mobile data for the Arlo app.
- My android version is 10
- My Arlo app verion is 4.0.4_28512, released 1/19/23

One more symptom of the issue is that, when I access the Arlo app with mobile data, the "Mode" tab at the bottom of the app disappears, only the "Devices" and "Library" tabs are visible at the bottom.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've never had to specifically set any version of the Android app to allow it to use cell service. Checking my app settings I don't even see such a selection. That said, I'm on Android 13 and have the 4.1 version of the app which was updated yesterday.

As for Mode missing try rebooting the phone and reinstall the app.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation