Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Any way to mount Arlo Ultra cameras without putting a screw in the wall?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Ash-li
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will be moving into an apartment in the next few weeks and I was interested in getting a security camera to put outside my door. Are there any ways I could mount the Arlo Ultra camera without putting a screw in the wall?

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ash-li wrote:
I will be moving into an apartment in the next few weeks and I was interested in getting a security camera to put outside my door. Are there any ways I could mount the Arlo Ultra camera without putting a screw in the wall?

If you mean indoors, then you could try using an adhesive mounting pad to mount the magnetic base.

One aspect here is that the camera could be easily stolen.  Not sure you'd need an ultra for this, you might consider a less expensive camera (for instance, a pro2).

Ash-li
Aspirant
Aspirant
I didn’t think about that, it would make more sense to buy a pro2. What about outdoors installation?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ash-li wrote:
I didn’t think about that, it would make more sense to buy a pro2. What about outdoors installation?

That depends on the details.  What surface are you thinking of attaching it to?

Ash-li
Aspirant
Aspirant
Vinyl siding.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I seem to recall a post from years ago about a vinyl siding accessory allowing things to be attached without holes. Must be some sort of hook that would go at a seam. Might be worth seeing if you could find it somewhere.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

think amazon has them

VZ-Hang-vinyl-siding-hooks

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation