Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB5000/ARLO ULTRA Base Station becomes unavailable

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ckelly007
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the second time in month, my Arlo Base Station indicates that it is offline and unavailable. Unplugging, removing cables, resetting router/switches (even though everything else is working fine) has no affect. Arlo Supports solution was to delete the Base from my devices and then add it back. Though that works, I then (appear to) have to start fresh and Re-Setup and name all 10 camera's. So there are two issues here, First why its happening in the first place and Second is there an easier solution to resetting everything back up if deleting the base station is required (back-up/restore function, etc.)

1. Is there a configuration back-up and restore function for the base station? If not there should be!
  2. Is there an easier/automated way to add all of the camera's back that I am not aware of, other then physically pulling down every camera and pushing the button to make it discoverable?
  3. Is it possible to configure a second base station as a back up?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1-3) Quick answer is no.

What is the LED on the hub showing when "offline"? Does the router still show an IP address for the hub even after a router/hub reboot? Have you tried both the app and a browser to verify that the same thing happens on both? Have you tried both WiFi and cell service from the phone? Are you getting any recordings (try to force one by triggering motion yourself)? What subscription(s) do you have?

ckelly007
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat I believe the LED was solid Blue. Unfortunately I don't have note of it. Arlo Support did not ask me to check some of the things you mentioned, but I will try next time it comes up. Do you know where to make the recommendation that they incorporate a back-up function. I presume it could be saved the Micro SD and restored from there, saving a lot of time, effort and frustration?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@ckelly007 wrote:

Do you know where to make the recommendation that they incorporate a back-up function. I presume it could be saved the Micro SD and restored from there, saving a lot of time, effort and frustration?

You can make requests for features in the Arlo Idea Exchange forum here. There may already be requests such as yours so search and add kudos to raise awareness and possibly get a resolution or add your own post. However, saving a corrupted config wouldn't solve a problem so somehow it would need to be confirmed as ok.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation