Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android App - Motion Detected on camera issues

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tech-D
Luminary
Luminary

Had this happen over a month ago and it looks like it is back.  I get an alert on my phone that Motion was detected on one of my cameras.  I go into the app and there is no video for the motion.  My guess is that the app is alerting me of motion being detected outside of my activity zone so it doesn't record anything.  Instead it just sends me a bunch of false alerts.

You can see my screenshots attached to this post.

3 REPLIES 3
Tech-D
Luminary
Luminary

At least things are getting better, I made it over 30 days since my last issue....  LOL

The same issue I saw back in March...

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/My-phone-is-blowing-up-today/m-p/1760904

Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here 3rd time this has started to happen.

Tech-D
Luminary
Luminary

So I disarmed my cameras for the past day (What a great solution for a security camera BTW), turned on the alerts again today.  And magically the false alerts are no longer there.  

But... when I log into the web portal (NOT the phone app) I see a warning - AC power has been disconnect from your Arlo device Activity Zones are currently disabled.  I have to scratch my head for two reasons:

1.  My front camera is plugged into an Arlo Solar Panel.

2.  My rear camera I just moved to test out a new location and it doesn't have a power source and I don't get the same error.

See my screenshots below..

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation