Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ad pop up when accessing library

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kwep
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 5 cameras that store into the SD card, Ive chosen not to subscribe.

but everytime I open the app, i have to go through the subscriptions pop up and experience delays to access my recordings on the SD card.

very disappointed, the system was very expensive, response times are lack lustre so I thought itleast it would be nice to be able to use comfortably without a subscription.

is there anyway to remove this pop up?

next option is I sell the system and move to a brand that allows meets my needs.

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi kwep,

Can you share a screenshot of which pop up ad you are referring to when you open the Arlo app?

kwep
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica,

screenshot attached.

it can take up to several minutes to access my SD card storage because of the “subscription “ ad, I also noticed that remote access to the SD card with port forwarding doesnt work either now the free trial is over.

thanks

96900B40-35BD-4AE9-BC61-EBAB55E9161D.png
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kwep wrote:

I also noticed that remote access to the SD card with port forwarding doesnt work either now the free trial is over.

That isn't linked to the subscription. Are you using an iPhone?  Or Android?

Also, have you reserved the base station IP address in your router?  If the base IP changes (which it can), the ports can end up forwarded to the wrong place.

kwep
Aspirant
Aspirant

Using ipad & iphone.

have also checked port forwarding, changed port and reinstated with arlo app. Arlo app sais it works, it just doesnt.

it appears something to do with subscription ending, just like the ad blocking viewing sd card on local network for 5 minutes everytime i open it.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kwep wrote:

Using ipad & iphone.

have also checked port forwarding, changed port and reinstated with arlo app. Arlo app sais it works, it just doesnt.

• Have you made sure that the router is forwarding the port (both TCP and UDP) to the IP address of the base station?
  • Have you also checked the operation both when the iPhone/iPad is on the local network, and when it is not?

@kwep wrote:

it appears something to do with subscription ending,

Again, I don't think so.  There have been a couple of recent reports saying that port forwarding is misbehaving on iOS systems - they seem to be linked to iOS 15, not the subscription status.  In the posts I've seen, it seemed to fail when on the local network, but worked when away from home.

If your home router supports openVPN, then one option is to switch to that.  The openVPN mobile client is free.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation