Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Brighthammer
Follower
Follower
The chat feature is what lead me to this current situation. I like to use chat when possible For support because it’s faster and easier to convey information.

The chat agents on the Arlo system make promises to “investigate” but when asking for updates on the case there is never a response.

I tried follow up Chat support sessions with different agents and the same promise was made to me for response. I also tried opening a case directly to support but that fell into a black hole.

Arlo case #41414580 is the only number ever given to me and I know Arlo is not being blocked by gmail.

Case Description
I was trying to re-set my Arlo Ultra hub and lost the 1 year Smart Premier plan. The plan no longer shows and I had to pay to restart the smart features. I've followed all guides relating to subscriptions and the next step is to have you look into the matter, my account email is &$@&@, I purchased the Arlo Ultra 2 camera bundle on January 21 and the trial for Smart Premier was correctly applied during setup.

I realized I accidentally removed the subscription while trying to figure out why all cameras need to be enrolled in the smart elite subscription even though they have a 7 day rolling free storage advertised.

In this type of situation, I would expect one of the following outcomes.

1. Send me a code for 1 year Smart Elite which is applied to my account and cannot be removed

2. Enable the original one year trial subscription to the Smart premier plan for 1 year somehow on your side.

Accidents happen and i hope you do not lose a customer with 7 new cameras because you can’t fulfill the smart elite commitment.
1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Brighthammer,

I've escalated your support ticket requesting an update. An agent should be reaching out to you with more information shortly.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation