Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Whuff
Star
Star

After the update of the Arlo app on August 22, 2022 , when I try to access my Smarthub,I keep getting this message: There was an error obtaining your library. Arlo team is working on this issue. It has been almost a month and it is still not working!!

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The development team is actively investigating these reports on this issue. We are working on a resolution. As soon as I have more information to share I will provide an update.

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

This issue has been escalated and the development team is currently investigating these reports. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The VMB5000 and VMB4540 received an update yesterday. The VMB4000 and VMB4500 will have an update released today. Your Base station/SmartHub will update automatically, so please continue to wait for the updates. 

Thank you

251 REPLIES 251
Catchbag
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, what log, and how do I find it?

Catchbag
Apprentice
Apprentice

Done. Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Received, thank you. I will update you and the thread as soon as possible. 

Whuff
Star
Star

Yes, I did reboot and it still gives me the same message. Definitely,  not working right. 

Whuff
Star
Star

I believe Arlo has purposely denied us access to our SD cards in our Smarthub trying to force us to purchase the cloud. That is false advertising as when we purchased our cameras the SD card was an option.  There just should not be this issue with their app. They keep saying they are working on it. Really??

Catchbag
Apprentice
Apprentice

Police knock on door. Hi sir, incident over the road lastnight, see you have cameras, could we check them for anything captured? Why yes you can of course! Oh, hang about, nothing accesible. Police are like, but do they record? Why yes they do, atleast I think they do! Police, but you cant see anything, what use are they? Well, thats a very very good question i say. Clearly NO use! 🤬😡😤

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

I too am having this problem although the setup I have USED to work. I in-frequently use this option as it's not available to a shared-to user but I have used it. I can't confirm when it stopped working.

Specifically, In the android app, while connected via wifi to the same network as the base station, I get the "There was an error obtaining your library. Arlo team is working on this issue."

From a browser on the same network, logging into my.arlo.com as the primary account, I don't even seem to have the option to choose between cloud and local storage.

I think I've had this issue in the past and had to reformat my SD card to get it working again but I'm loath to do this ATM as I'll lose all my stored videos and given the recent issues with arlo firmware, it's unlikely to fix the problem.

The app shows:

Record Locally: On

Local Storage Status: Ready

Available Storage 75.67 used of 238 GB

Record in Max Resolution: On

Overwrite Automatically: On

Direct Storage Access: On

etc

I'll add the Local Storage library via VPN has never worked for me even when it did work from the local network. This was a major consideration when purchasing the original Ultras that it WOULD be new feature available real soon.... not that I'm bitter.

Cheers

P

Whuff
Star
Star

I understand. I feel mine are useless too. So sorry I bought these 4 cameras. I would never recommend these to anyone!

madcorgi
Tutor
Tutor

Have not been able to access library on local storage for over a week.  This is the message I get.

"There was an error obtaining your library.  Arlo team is working on the issue."

Great to hear the team has identified the issue and working on a fix.

Arlo support.  Please reply with the ticket number, root cause and anticipated delivery of the fix.  (Since you say you are working on it)

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

@WhuffI wouldn't say I feel my arlos are useless, but sometimes, maybe. I have a subscription for my Ultra system and not so affected by the local library issue although I do remain bitter about the difference between my expectation and what they actually delivered w/r to local library.

I swing wildly between loving them and hating them. Until the recent schedule problem that seems to have  affected me more than others, I was leaning back towards recommending them as they'd been stable and reliable for quite a while, but now, I.just.can't. I find it particularly frustrating that they have superb hardware and potentially a good reliable system but their software bugfixing, development, testing and roll out seems lacking and tends to REALLY p*** people off.

MLordin
Tutor
Tutor

on 19th of April - "This issue has been escalated and the development team is currently investigating these reports. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information."

Still unable to access the videos on the SD card through the IOS App and still waiting for some kind of answer from Arlo, ZZzzzzzzzz.....  

chobo2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I have a master base station with my Arlo cameras. I do not have a subscription right now so I am relying on locally stored.

For a few days now all I see when I try to load my videos are

"There was an error obtaining your library. Arlo team is working on the issue"

I tried, restarting my base station but same thing.

Anyone else having this issue?

firstgamer
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I try to access videos in local storage, I get "There was an error obtaining your library. Arlo team is working on this issue". Logging out and in does not help. Local storage settings are checked and Local Storage Status shows "Ready".

Summer4me
Guide
Guide

Arlo?   I cannot use port forwarding as Starlink uses CGNAT   Neighbors are asking what security system I use, I have two homes with Arlo, not so much anymore as a recommendation Arlo. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MLordin

Can you check for the recent Firmware update in the Arlo app by navigating to settings > My Devices > Select the Smart Hub > Device Info > Firmware. 

MLordin
Tutor
Tutor

Firmware is 1.19.0.3_1237…

Selecting Firmaware, message says “No updates available”

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MLordin 

Thanks for that, it looks like your Smart Hub is not updating to the most recent version, that is likely why you are experiencing this issue. I notified my team so we can get this resolved for you. 

Whuff
Star
Star

Try removing your Smarthub. Not restart, buy totally remove it. You will have to set up all over like when you first set it up. You will need to add your cameras back on the smarthub. It got my local storage working again. I was getting the same message as you are.

firstgamer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Whuff, this worked for me! Hope we don't have do this very often!

Whuff
Star
Star

Glad I could help! I know it us frustrating! 

vanyo22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well I have the same issue that persist and my firmware is up to date, at least the app states so - 1.20.1.1_1265_eccc317; Tried numerous things. I changed the portals several times, rebooted the system several times. No luck! I cannot access videos outside of my home Wi-Fi. And it worked beautifully before. That was the reason to choose Arlo, i could record locally and access videos away from home. Not anymore I guess. I use T-Mobile's 5g Home internet

Catchbag
Apprentice
Apprentice

Crikey, thats not ideal. Were all recordings intact?

Catchbag
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok, its been sometime. Im fed up with alerts saying motion detected and not being able to access recordings. Makes the system useless. Whats happening? Clearly Arlo changed something and broke functionality, so either rollback FW or apply a fix. This isnt the first time this has occurred either. Time to start raising it publicly again to drive action and attention it appears! 🤬

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@vanyo22 wrote:

. I use T-Mobile's 5g Home internet

1. When did you switch to T-mobile home internet?
  2. Did you have an Arlo subscription (paid or trial) that just expired?

I am asking because T-mobile home internet doesn't allow you to forward ports or connect to an inbound home VPN.  So there is no way to use direct access to local storage when away from home.

vanyo22
Aspirant
Aspirant

I started with T-Mobile about 2-3 weeks ago, but the issue appeared before that.