Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lagneaux
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

While 120 'of recordings have been set, only 11 seconds are effectivent?

Regards

Grrrrrrr, your labels are perfectible to the possible!

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure your camera has a good connection to the SmartHub. Bring the camera closer for testing and see what happens. If it works properly then, I would suspect the camera being at the edge of range and/or some interference causing issues with the connection.

Also, what mode are you using - Armed or a custom mode? Have you tried using the Armed mode?

Lagneaux
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Thank you for the clarification ....

It seems to me that there is a good wifi connection between the HUB and the cameras. Indeed, on the application (samrtphone), I have two bars out of three. In addition, the cameras are located in a closed courtyard. The hub is placed behind a window in direct view of the cameras at a distance of respectively 28 meters and 33 meters, without obstacles.

Could the distance cause it ?! Personally I doubt it.

A setting of 120 seconds is a setting of 120 seconds, is not it? So far from that 12 seconds of recording that I currently have.

For information, the evening, engaged by ITTF, my cameras are in mode "Armed mode" and the day in custom mode always via ITTF. From rest, quickly an compatibility with "Homekit" 😉

What do you think ?

Regards

Dom

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I wonder if it's somehow the IFTTT connection. Others have had various issues using home automation with various Arlo products over time. How big a pain would it be to disable that for testing?

Lagneaux
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

In the armed mode, during detection, the video is recorded well for 2 minutes.
So why not in other modes including custom mode?

Regards

Dom

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Recreate the custom mode for testing to see if that helps. Are you saying that the Armed mode and IFTTT works well or just the Armed mode itself?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation