Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

But this Article may not be afterall.. Stock not looking good right now too..

6 REPLIES 6
LarryQwest
Star
Star

I was right! I said there was no way they didn't know about the failures of this product, and now there is a federal class action suit over it. Nice. Like has been said before, whomever is making these big descisions since breaking away from Netgear needs to be fired. The Ultra disaster proves it.

Comiotmoto
Star
Star

Wow. This explains a lot. No wonder the camera system performs so terribly. No way even rudimentary quality control was exercised on this POS. This was 100% rushed to market to meet a deadline that was already missed due to the bad battery supplier. Explains why battery life for my Ultras was so abysmal. Yet the Pro 2 system I replaced it with has had great battery stability so far. Still really happy with the Pro 2, but after reading that lawsuit article I am probably going to return it. I simply do not trust this company, and if the big-wigs in charge are nowingly sending out faulty products and hiding it from the shareholders, then they are on borrowed time anyway. I am 75% confident I'm going return and not support this company.

BestBuyGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I concur wholeheartedly. They did know this product was heavily flawed beforehand but released it to market anyway. I hope to God they forcibly remove the senior officers responsible for this public relations disaster and damage done to the brand. I knew something was up when some moron said let's change what made us successful and cut the free basic storage plan and nickel-an-dime our customers to death. Let them pay more for a 4k camera and then pay again when they get home to actually use it in 4k. What could go wrong? The botched execution of the Ultra is so severe that I also agree there is no way they didn't know about it already. The article and further web research proves it to me.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Though I am frustrated with Arlo’s product performance, I also have enough business experience to despise the ambulance chasing lawyers who file class action suits against companies they see has vulnerable, alleging misconduct when often...perhaps vastly more often, it is merely project management failure and optics that are at fault.   The result is a distraction for company management which should be focusing all of its attention on solving both the immediate product problems facing their consumers and the systemic organizational problems that allowed the failures to get out to the consumers in the first place.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Wow.. Just checked Arlo Stock and it's now high $3 range as of 02/11/19. A couple of weeks ago it was $7 range.. Whattapen'.. Hey, it's a good buy now.. Anyone wants to invest? Here's an article prolly' worth a read or not.. 

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero
@JPC wrote:

Wow.. Just checked Arlo Stock and it's now high $3 range as of 02/11/19. A couple of weeks ago it was $7 range.. Whattapen'.. Hey, it's a good buy now.. Anyone wants to invest? Here's an article prolly' worth a read or not.. 

Could be.  IPO at $16.  Troubles and downward guidance.  Short sellers typically rush in and drive a vulnerable stock lower than it deserves.  Recent progress on system performance and plan offerings are a positive trend.  Recovery could be in site.  I wish everyone at Arlo well.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation