Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
I finally realized today why videos that I "link share" with others, I'm unable to view these myself no matter what browser I use on my Android device. The error says this video can't be played on your browser. If I use my iPhone, I can view them. So apparently the iPhone can play them fine, even though they might not be playing in 4K, at least they play. Suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
I rushed this post, 2K videos play fine, but 4K videos will not and the error given gives no clue as to why they won't play - on Android browsers. Tried 4 browsers, Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Dolphin.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @HazzMatt

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hello, from what I'm hearing from others, there are no web browsers that support viewing of Shared Arlo Cloud recordings. Do you agree with this assumption and if so, is there really a reason to contact Arlo Support?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@HazzMatt wrote:
I rushed this post, 2K videos play fine, but 4K videos will not and the error given gives no clue as to why they won't play - on Android browsers. Tried 4 browsers, Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Dolphin.

When you access the library directly from the edge (that is, not a shared link), do the videos play?

The only browser that will play 2K and 4K is Edge (both the Chromium and Legacy version).   However, even with edge, it requires HEVC hardware support in the PC - and not all PCs have that support.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation