Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

No notification even for videos in the library.  Two of the last three mornings there was no notification on my android or i phone for someone leaving my back door getting in their car and driving away.  The videos are in the library and properly listed as person and vehicle.  Anyone else ?

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LandJS wrote:

No notification even for videos in the library.  Two of the last three mornings there was no notification on my android or i phone for someone leaving my back door getting in their car and driving away.  The videos are in the library and properly listed as person and vehicle.  Anyone else ?

You are not getting any notifications?  Or are you getting some notifications?

Do you have multiple cameras?  If so, does this happen for all of them?

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I'm getting notifications most of the time, what's worrisome is when this does happen.  If it records and is in the library correctly marked and there is none that's a issue for a security cam.  No notification on an android or i phone, first sign was looking at the library an hour later, two of three mornings.  Walk outside to check and everything is fine.  I don't know at what point in the Arlo system notifications get sent so can't speculate on it.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LandJS wrote:

I'm getting notifications most of the time, what's worrisome is when this does happen. 

What device are you using, and what version of the OS is it running?

There are some apps that can interfere with notifications (for instance, Doze on iOS devices).

Have you contacted support for this?

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Doze mode on android only leads to delayed notifications, this was literally no notification sent for a person and a vehicle even though it was in the library and did not notify on android or i phone.  Hard to guess where to look not knowing at what point in the system they are sent.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LandJS wrote:

Hard to guess where to look not knowing at what point in the system they are sent.

Maybe also enable an email notification (you can do both in the rules).  That would give you a log of when notifications were sent.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Not sure why a e-mail shows up to ask, "was your problem solved, click on a solution"  HUH, what solution ? It happened and still sometimes does, just don't see how if it makes it to the library but a notification isn't sent.  For the most part they have worked of late until today's update to the Android app (11/22) Now it's a new problem.  Come home tonight, my Android on me, the wife's i phone with her.  Notifications on the i phone, vehicle in the driveway - person in the driveway - person on the back door.  Notification on the Android, vehicle in the driveway period.  It was working guess I should have ignored the update.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation