Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
farmerbrown
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is it possible to have two Arlo Ultra base stations? I have three Ultra cameras and one camera is too far away from the base station to receive the signal. I’ve tried moving the base station around in the house in multiple locations but no matter where I move it there’s always 1 camera that doesn’t have a signal.

Also would this require separate accounts with separate subscriptions or could I combine them under one account? Are there any other considerations and downsides I should be aware of when adding a second base station?

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

farmerbrown,

You can have as many base stations/SmartHubs as needed on your account. You can add one to your existing account and sync cameras that are closer to it to improve signal strength.

The only thing you will want to consider when adding a second SmartHub is you will need to Arm and Disarm that SmartHub separately from your current one. Active and inactive modes are managed by the SmartHub so cameras synced to a second SmartHub will behave based on that SmartHubs active mode.

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

farmerbrown,

You can have as many base stations/SmartHubs as needed on your account. You can add one to your existing account and sync cameras that are closer to it to improve signal strength.

The only thing you will want to consider when adding a second SmartHub is you will need to Arm and Disarm that SmartHub separately from your current one. Active and inactive modes are managed by the SmartHub so cameras synced to a second SmartHub will behave based on that SmartHubs active mode.

JamesC

VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice

Do both arlo base stations need to be connected to ethernet.?

farmerbrown
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you James
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

VCG,

Yes, both base stations/SmartHubs will need an ethernet connection.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation