Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Inconsistent Auto Zoom and Tracking and Night Vision (Low Light Settings)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
19414AMD
Follower
Follower

Auto Zoom and Tracking: This is a suggestion for a firmware update for inconsistent Auto Zoom and Tracking feature of Arlo Ultra (VMS5440B). The ultra would zoom and track movement and sometimes it does not after reviewing recorded videos. Furthermore, the Auto Track and Zoom feature needs a lot more improvement as it does not track movement smoothly when motion is detected. The video advertised in this arlo ultra site: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-ultra/default.aspx is not exactly how the ultra track and zoom to the subject(s). It never did with hundreds of recorded videos, sometimes the ultru do not even track or zoom at all. Therefore, this feature needs to be improved.

Low Light Settings: This is a suggestion for a firmware update for inconsistent night vision for both color and black & white settings on the Arlo Ultra (VMS5440B). Multiple tests of the ultra does not give consistent clear color or black and white view of the background in the dark (no or little ambient light). Sometimes, the camera will not show the view in which it will only show mostly black background even with the spotlight on. It takes a few trys sometimes to get a view of the background and it doesn't adjust on its own, therefore, you have to toggle back and fort to the settings to eventually get a good view. I have multiple ring cameras in which it handles 100 times better at adjusting automatically to the light source during the night quickly without intervention from the user. Please consider working on this specific feature of the Arlo Ultra.

Thank you! 

1 REPLY 1
VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice

I agree auto zoom and tracking is horrible . It is not consistant to the point I just dont use it. I have donated video but have never heard anthing back. It starts to zoom and track then just goes and look some where else, then just looks at a tree shadow  instead of tracking the person.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation