Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

how do I view my videos with no plan

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
steveUK2
Aspirant
Aspirant

having been completed miss sold the kit and having had a terrible experience through the trial I am never going to take a subscription.  Can I view the video the cameras capture without a plan or do I need to return the kit?  I have an SD card in the rubbish router but not sure if I need to remove the card and plug it into a PC to view footage.  really regretting buying this system now. 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If your base has a microSD slot, then it must be the VMB5000 smarthub.

You can set up direct access to local storage: https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

The VMB5000 will let you access the local storage from the primary account using the app.  It won't work with friend accounts or from the PC browser.

A couple of other caveats:

• You won't be able to make manual recordings
  • There aren't any thumbnails
  • Remote access to the recordings either requires a home VPN setup (offered in some routers), or port forwarding (also set up in the router).

steveUK2
Aspirant
Aspirant

am I reading right that I wont have access to my library unless I am at home then despite needing to access it through my phone?  I am not setting a VPN up on my phone.  the library was also out of action on the app for about 3 weeks on the app.  not impressed with this at all surprised anyone pays the subscription the old alarm companies offer better kit without subscription you must spend a fortune on advertising 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@steveUK2 wrote:

I am not setting a VPN up on my phone.  

Your other option is port forwarding in your router.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation