Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will a 2nd Base Station help with range issues

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
andru13
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I have had issues since day one with my Arlo system.  I have my base station centrally located in my house hooked up to my amplifi alien router.  I have a mesh network in my house so i have solid coverage and 1gb service.  I have 3 arlo ultra cams.  2 of my cameras are in the front of my house.  Front door and garage and the 3rd camera is in the backyard.  My 3rd cam has no connection issues its the 2 cams in the front.  I have tried to trouble shoot with arlo support and i gave up.  

My question is this.  If i add an additional basestation to provide better connections to the 2 cameras in the front of the house will this help solve my issue?  When i look at the bandwidth signal for those cameras it bounces from strong to weak to no signal so always hunting which kills the battery quickly as well as lags when connecting.  I was going to add a 2nd base station to my system and connect those 2 cams to the new base station.  Has anyone tried this to improve the connection to there cameras that have had weak signal or signal issues?  thanks for any help.  

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@andru13 wrote:

My question is this.  If i add an additional basestation to provide better connections to the 2 cameras in the front of the house will this help solve my issue?  

Yes, it can (and I have done that myself).

You can test that before you purchase by moving your current base to the spot where you'd put the second one.  If your mesh has ethernet out, then you can put the base next to one of the mesh extenders.

If the problematic camera connections improve, then the second base would solve your problem. 

andru13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great thanks for the response.  I have moved the base station to all different parts of the house.  No matter where i put it at least 1 or 2 cams are unhappy due to signal issues.  I think a 2nd base station is my only other option.  Wish I could source one but they are all sold out everywhere.  

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation