Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
weft
Apprentice
Apprentice

Any thoughts why playback videos from local storage (microSDXC) is not offered on the User Interface on android 11/arlo app: 2.21.3 (playback from arlo cloud works)?

Playback videos from local storage (microSDXC) is available on iOS 14.2/ arlo app 2.21.

Both phones connected to the same wifi on the same LAN as VMB5000/microSDXC.

Videos are recorded in local storage (microSDXC) and can be viewed when mounted in a mac book pro.

============My configuration: =======================

“Arlo Ultra 2”/VMB5000/microSDXC; iOS14.2/arlo app 2.21; android11/arlo app: 2.21.3_28225; 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's working here on a Pixel 5 with Android 11 as well as other Android devices.  I'd reboot the phone and reinstall the app.

weft
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you for confirming Arlo App is playing locally stored videos on your Android 11/Pixel 5. I rebooted my Android 11/Pixel 3 and reinstalled the Arlo App (2.21.3_28225 released 10/26/2020) to the same outcome: When I'm in the "library" mode, local storage does not show up to select. I can play videos stored in Arlo cloud. Of course my settings are the same as on iPhone: "Record locally" and "direct Storage Access".

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Start by rebooting the hub. It may also be useful to disable local recording, reenable it and reformat the card using the app. Otherwise, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

weft
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you jguerdat.

I power-cycled the hub (VMB5000r5), disabled and re-enabled local recording and reformatted my microSDXC  to the same outcome: 

In Arlo App/Android when I go to the “Library” only Arlo cloud is offered, therefore  I can play clips only from Arlo cloud.

In Arlo App/iOS  when I go to the “Library” two options are offered: Arlo cloud and local storage - microSDXC. I can play clips from both: local storage and from Arlo cloud.

Both devices Pixel3/Android and iPhoneX are connected to the same wifi/LAN.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Very odd. I'd use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see if they have suggestions.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation