Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What’s in the Box?!

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
StopTheCrash13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo support, thumbs down!

i understand the customer isn’t always right, but in this case I am.  Please everyone view the Arlo Ultra 2 page, watch a video, and go to the store to read the box.  What mount would you expect….yup you guessed it magnetic.  Well instead you get one magnetic and one screw mount.  (I got the 2 camera kit). I explained that there is no mention of the screw mount.  However, on the box, it says magnetic. And online the picture above the mounting description. shows a magnetic mount.  The support agent “D”, referred me to the phrase included mounts as justification for packaging two different mounts.  I told them that if there is somewhere where you specifically mention screw mounts fine, but I there are multiple locations where it does say magnetic.  Anyways, the conversation went downhill after I accused them of gaslighting me.  Am I crazy? Is this false advertising? How do I get them to send me the mount that should be included? Arlo Ultra 2 Wireless Security Camera 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@StopTheCrash13 wrote:

Am I crazy? Is this false advertising?

No opinion.  Though most of the multicamera kits include some magnetic and some screw mounts.  Personally I use both outdoors. 

The screw mounts are a bit more durable - I've had the plastic tab come off the back of a couple of the magnetic ones when I tried to remove them from the wall.  I attached a magnetic mount to a tree once, and a few years later the tree growth broke the tab away from the mount.

@StopTheCrash13 wrote:

How do I get them to send me the mount that should be included? 

Not sure you can, but you can of course purchase a magnetic mount if you really need two.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation