Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SutherJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the H6, H7, and H11 cameras with rechargeable batteries for the H6.  I would like to change out a few of my H7 and H11 cameras to new ones using the same battery as in the H6.  What are my options?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Those batteries are the newer ones that are used in the Ultra/Pro 3/Pro 4 cameras. ANy of those would work in your case.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unfortunately, Arlo only provides hardware versions (H6, H7, etc.) when you try to look at details in the camera settings. Since there are many different models of cameras, those hardware versions may show up on all of them at some point. We really need to know the actual models of the cameras. The original wireless camera uses 4 RC123 batteries while all others use rechargeable li-ion batteries. Remove the battey and look inside for a VMC**** designation - that will tell us what you're working with.

The Pro and Pro 2 cameras use the same battery while the Ultra, Pro 3 and 4 use a different battery. I'd kinda guess you have the Pro and/or Pro 2 which may be hard to find these days since newer models are the ones being produced and sold. You likely would have to find used cameras to buy if trying to use the Pro/Pro 2 batteries. 

Depending on the model base station you have (look at the bottom for a VMB*** designation), it may just be better to look at the newer cameras. The Essential cameras don't have removable batteries but can connect directly to your WiFi so base compatibility can be avoided.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/Arlo-SmartHub-and-Base-Station-Compatibility

You may also want to visit this page for comparison of the newer cameras:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/cameras

SutherJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Without getting on the ladder to check the camera, the Batteries I have are Model A-4a P/N: 308-10069-01's.  Since I have 2 extra batteries to make the rotation easier when needed, what cameras are compatible with these Batteries?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Those batteries are the newer ones that are used in the Ultra/Pro 3/Pro 4 cameras. ANy of those would work in your case.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation