Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bigjeepman
Star
Star

I already have a 4 camera (Ultra II) setup with a Smart Hub that is working great with my monthly Smart Plan. I have been wanting to add an indoor camera like the Arlo Essential Indoor camera as the 5th device I am allowed to connect to this setup.

My question is will this indoor camera connect to my Smart Hub just like the other 4 cameras did (add a device)? Will my monthly Smart Plan include the new indoor camera without adding to the cost and have all the benefits like "activity zone" setup? I understand the power source will be USB connection plugged into the wall so that means  ... no batteries to mess with?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

@bigjeepman wrote:

I already have a 4 camera (Ultra II) setup with a Smart Hub that is working great with my monthly Smart Plan. I have been wanting to add an indoor camera like the Arlo Essential Indoor camera as the 5th device I am allowed to connect to this setup.

My question is will this indoor camera connect to my Smart Hub just like the other 4 cameras did (add a device)? Will my monthly Smart Plan include the new indoor camera without adding to the cost and have all the benefits like "activity zone" setup? I understand the power source will be USB connection plugged into the wall so that means  ... no batteries to mess with?

If you have the  5 cam plan you can just add it to the plan. The Indoor essential does not have a battery but the outdoor cam does. It can connect to your home wifi or a Smart Hub you listed. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dcfox1
Master
Master

@bigjeepman wrote:

If you have the  5 cam plan you can just add it to the plan. The Indoor essential does not have a battery but the outdoor cam does. It can connect to your home wifi or a Smart Hub you listed. 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation