Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wanting to add the Arlo Essential Indoor Camera to my Smart Hub ...

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bigjeepman
Star
Star

I already have a 4 camera (Ultra II) setup with a Smart Hub that is working great with my monthly Smart Plan. I have been wanting to add an indoor camera like the Arlo Essential Indoor camera as the 5th device I am allowed to connect to this setup.

My question is will this indoor camera connect to my Smart Hub just like the other 4 cameras did (add a device)? Will my monthly Smart Plan include the new indoor camera without adding to the cost and have all the benefits like "activity zone" setup? I understand the power source will be USB connection plugged into the wall so that means  ... no batteries to mess with?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

@bigjeepman wrote:

I already have a 4 camera (Ultra II) setup with a Smart Hub that is working great with my monthly Smart Plan. I have been wanting to add an indoor camera like the Arlo Essential Indoor camera as the 5th device I am allowed to connect to this setup.

My question is will this indoor camera connect to my Smart Hub just like the other 4 cameras did (add a device)? Will my monthly Smart Plan include the new indoor camera without adding to the cost and have all the benefits like "activity zone" setup? I understand the power source will be USB connection plugged into the wall so that means  ... no batteries to mess with?

If you have the  5 cam plan you can just add it to the plan. The Indoor essential does not have a battery but the outdoor cam does. It can connect to your home wifi or a Smart Hub you listed. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dcfox1
Master
Master

@bigjeepman wrote:

If you have the  5 cam plan you can just add it to the plan. The Indoor essential does not have a battery but the outdoor cam does. It can connect to your home wifi or a Smart Hub you listed. 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation