Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

User Manual Ultra 2Xl

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mikeinid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anyone have any Idea (ARLO) when a user manual for the Ultra 2 XL will be made available?

I thought I bought the Cadillac of systems. What really happened is I thought I bought the Cadillac and they failed to tell me the manual they offered is for a Dodge Ram diesel. They both have engines, headlights, air conditioners, cruise control, etc. The problem is that it doesn't support the Cadillac. I am starting to think I bought a Yugo. Shame on ARLO for putting out a product and NO documents to support it. NOT SMART

I await a response from ANYONE from Arlo. You can't talk to these people the ones on the chat are less than helpful.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mikeinid,

You can refer to the Ultra/Ultra 2 support manual here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/Documents/ArloUltra/Arlo_Ultra_User_Manual_US_2.pdf

JamesC

Mikeinid
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC thanks for the response! The problem is this document that you and Arlo refer to does not match what the "NEW" app steps are. I would like to see a manual for the App and the devices that actually have the proper steps in them. I don't think this is a big ask from Arlo. 

Change the field of view
1. Open the Arlo app.
2. Tap Settings > My Devices.
3. Select the camera.
4. Tap Video Settings > Video Mode

This is one of the first steps and it does not match the App

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mikeinid,

The Arlo UI is going through an overhaul, so much of the information that's out there today may be a little different than what you see in your app if you're a brand new customer.

While the manuals will take some time to be updated to reflect these new changes, many of the knowledge base articles have been updated to reflect the new UI.

To change the field of view, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/000055577/What-is-my-Arlo-camera-s-field-of-view-and-how-do-I-change-it

The new UI will have instructions that use the "Feed" experience rather than "library" when reading these articles.

JamesC

Mikeinid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, it's been several months and Arlo still can't get their act together and provide a useful proper manual for their products. I bought my first and LAST Arlo product. I could have written this manual in the time frame I have been looking for one. I just CAN'T understand how you can push your crap off on customers and not support it. I have had numerous 10 possible 12 Arlo support reps trying to pass off old documentation for the old UI. You force your customers to search for everything! ARLO DO BETTER! 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation